• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've bought tires from Tirerack for years, but infuriatingly they will not let you search for wheels by size. NTB is the same story. Discount will let you search by size, but they kinda have a crappy selection. Where's a good place to look?

I'm looking for something in a 17" or 18" rim, 8.5" or 9" width, 45-40mm offset, <21lbs, <$200, and doesn't look gaudy. Oh, and 5x114.3 bolt pattern.
    Military Camp

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I found some I can work with for a heck of a deal on Amazon of all places. They have quite the selection, actually. Free shipping, too!

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Also, Discount Tire has more models than what is displayed on the web site. I bent a rim on my Ford -- stupid curb :) -- and did not like anything they had on the web site so I walked in and looked at there catalogs.

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm not going to Discount Tire ever again... I took my new wheels and tires to them and the guy gave me an estimate of $400 to mount and balance them. I asked for a manager, and the manager said the same thing! Went over to NTB and it was $100 for all four.

Marblecrusher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    North Texas
    $400 just to mount and balance? Thats crazy maybe they had a road hazard warranty figured in there too but even then it shouldnt be that high. Ebay also has a good selection and some good deals on wheels.

-Jordan-

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well, I didn't ask them for any warranty. All I asked for was to mount and balance. They shouldn't assume I'm going to want a warranty... I wouldn't have expected them to offer one anyways since I didn't buy the tires from them.

Marblecrusher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    North Texas
    Yea i agree with you there, but actually with discount tire you can buy tires somewhere else and go to them and as long as its a tire they carry, theyll put a road hazard warranty on the tire even though you didnt even buy the tires from them. Seems kinda wierd to me but oh well ha ha.

-Jordan-

Top Bottom