• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    My buddy called yesterday and asked if I wanted to hit the range.

Of course I said yes. Took a Colt 6920 I've had for a couple of years and never fired. I put a Bushnell Eotech clone on it.

Got to the range, cleaned the bore and lubed the BCG. First three rounds off the rest at 25 yards were a cloverleaf dead center in the black.

Our club requests that you first shoot on the 25 yard range if sighting in a rifle.

Grabbed my Ruger PCC that I had just put a new red dot on and the first three shots could be covered with a quarter, one inch high and one inch left.

I've never had this happen with new sights on a rifle. My buddy couldn't believe that the Colt as dead on like that.

We then moved to the 50 yard range, us two old farts didn't want to walk further than that in the heat.

The Colt shot 1.5 inches high at 50. The Ruger was two inches high.

My buddy had an AR that he had just put his Eotech on. Had to return the Eotech as it was one of those with the fading dot. They also changed the mount so he had to re-zero.

He did a bore sight and had to fine tune it a bit. But he was putting them on top of each other on both the 25 and the 50. It was nice to know that both us old farts are capable of being able to easily hit man sized targets at any range we can see them if the need arises.

The Ruger PCC continues to be one of the most fun guns I have to shoot. The trigger, for a factory gun, is very good. It shoots like a laser and eats everything I've fed it so far.
    Target Sports

Top Bottom