Gun Zone Deals

Goodbye 2nd Amendment rights! Court finds D.C.'s ban on AR's is constitutional.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Re: Goodbye 2nd Amendment rights! Court finds D.C.'s ban on AR's is constitutional...

Congress oversees it and can legislate directly, but DC has home rule. They have their own legislative body and court system. One of the threats from pro-gun congresscritters during Heller was that they would just take home rule away from DC.
    Their home rule is weak at best. Congress has final say so.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Re: Goodbye 2nd Amendment rights! Court finds D.C.'s ban on AR's is constitutional...

"The Council has the ability to pass local laws and ordinances. However, pursuant to the Home Rule Act all legislation passed by the D.C. government, including the city's local budget, remains subject to the approval of Congress"

I understand your point and I was being somewhat tongue in cheek. The fact that they arent a state and are ruled by the Feds would make their laws "Federal" laws.

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX

The biggest mistake we make is trying to make rational sense of the anti gun activities. None of it is rational, there is no plan, it makes no sense and defies truth & logic. The evidence goes against Brady, Shumer, Feinstein, Clinton, but still they persist traveling towards banning a THING instead of looking at Human behavior. It's all emotion, knee jerk reaction and you'll drive yourself nuts trying to find a plan in it.
    Both sides do this to some extent. Plenty of pro-gunners will bloviate excessively about guns as well, and its how groups like the NRA drum up support for the troops. I think it's great for the base, certainly, but it's rather off putting for those on the fence (you might call this personal experience).

However, I don't mean to discount your original point. I do agree that when presented with the facts, logic errs towards a pro-gun position.

Top Bottom