• ...and so much more!
  • Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    What I can't figger out is why this happens only on TGT and Texas Gun Trader ,everywhere else I surf I have no problems.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    The bottom line is I need things to work. It doesn't do me any good to tell myself that it's a good thing Chrome is standards-compliant when it renders some web sites unusable. Like this one for example; try it with both Chrome and IE8 and you'll see what I mean:
    https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/VehicleLookup.aspx
    It isn't just that it looks funky; form pages on many sites won't accept user input properly with Chrome (among other non-MS browsers) and are unusable. I know MS marches to their own drummer a lot, and web developers share the blame for following along, but this sort of thing happens frequently enough that I'm close to giving up on Chrome.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    The bottom line is I need things to work. It doesn't do me any good to tell myself that it's a good thing Chrome is standards-compliant when it renders some web sites unusable. Like this one for example; try it with both Chrome and IE8 and you'll see what I mean:
    https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/VehicleLookup.aspx
    It isn't just that it looks funky; form pages on many sites won't accept user input properly with Chrome (among other non-MS browsers) and are unusable. I know MS marches to their own drummer a lot, and web developers share the blame for following along, but this sort of thing happens frequently enough that I'm close to giving up on Chrome.
    I think you've got other problems than Chrome.

The site works fine for me in Chrome 12:
    txdmv-tn.png

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I think you've got other problems than Chrome.

The site works fine for me in Chrome 12:
    txdmv-tn.png
    And how does it look in IE? Your screenshot is exactly what I see in Chrome - maybe we have different expectations. And it's not so much a look thing; on one of my online banking sites, tabbing between fields doesn't work and the field input gets lost and I have no choice but use IE to log in. Look, I don't want to make this into a "Chrome sucks" thing because it doesn't - I still use it as my default browser and use IE only when necessary. I guess my point is that I feel I have to use IE too often for things that Chrome won't handle correctly.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Yeah I don't know what it is, I use windows 7 on one computer & Vista on the other .... ones a laptop and ones a desktop ...... both have different specs but I have the same problems with Chrome on both of them, and it mostly has to do with browsing youtube, which is the one place I spend most of my time online so for that reason I don't use it.

Safari works fine on both my computers, but I just don't like it, and I've used Firefox but just never loaded it onto one of my computers. I guess I'm just oldschool and just used to running with IE, it's never given me any problems, but what sux is that I actually liked the look and feel of Chrome, much better than Safari or Firefox and was excited about using it instead of IE but then I started having problems with youtube, which makes no sense since Google owns youtube, you'd think it'd work better there than on any other browser .... oh well I guess it just wasn't meant to be .... lol

If you're set on using IE but like the look and feel of chrome then try IE9. I personally use chrome buy the new IE looks pretty good.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    And how does it look in IE? Your screenshot is exactly what I see in Chrome - maybe we have different expectations. And it's not so much a look thing; on one of my online banking sites, tabbing between fields doesn't work and the field input gets lost and I have no choice but use IE to log in. Look, I don't want to make this into a "Chrome sucks" thing because it doesn't - I still use it as my default browser and use IE only when necessary. I guess my point is that I feel I have to use IE too often for things that Chrome won't handle correctly.

Sorry, I can't answer your question.

I've been using linux on my computers for 11 years, and have gotten along quite fine w/o Internet Exploder.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yeap, and it also sends your browsing history and the contents of any forms you fill out to Microsoft regularly.

Not to mention it's the number one attack vector for malware writers (or have we forgotten the "bug" that has been around since Windows 3.1 that was just found last year and fixed?)

Yep, IE is doing all that you want and more than you know.

i don't trust google with my info either.

im sure chrome does the same thing.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    i don't trust google with my info either.

im sure chrome does the same thing.
    Believe what you like.

Don't you think that with all the open source network monitoring tools out there that the Linux nerds have looked for themselves?

Using ethereal or similar network monitoring tools, you can see recognizable strings being sent to Redmond.(there have been several independent labs confirm this). No security firm has found this behavior to occur in Chrome, Opera, Firefox or other standards-compliant browser.

. . . but again, you can believe what you like.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    There is a new revision to Chrome almost every week. If it does not work this week, wait until next week. Chrome will become the defacto standard that others will be measured.
    You may want to look under the little wrench at the top right corner of the browser, and drop down to "About Google Chrome". It will tell you if it is is up to date, and allow you to update it if it isn't...

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Believe what you like.

Don't you think that with all the open source network monitoring tools out there that the Linux nerds have looked for themselves?

Using ethereal or similar network monitoring tools, you can see recognizable strings being sent to Redmond.(there have been several independent labs confirm this). No security firm has found this behavior to occur in Chrome, Opera, Firefox or other standards-compliant browser.

. . . but again, you can believe what you like.

i look at this stuff all the time, as a linux nerd.

;)

just saying i don't like google anymore than i like microsuck.

i do my most sensitive browsing with lynx personally.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Something else we failed to discuss.....two firewalls engaged at the same time. When they fight, things get really crazy in computer operation!

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Something else we failed to discuss.....two firewalls engaged at the same time. When they fight, things get really crazy in computer operation!

Flash

Sometimes you can get them to function together, but not often. For years I successfully used the firewalls for ZoneAlarm and BitDefender at the same time.

Top Bottom