• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've used it. I dumped it for a Pro account with DropBox. All of my devices can go belly up and my files will all be safe.

Also extremely convenient.

EDIT: I dumped Google Drive because they were changing their Privacy Policy almost daily it seemed. It just got to where I just didn't trust them.

I've been using DropBox for about 4 years now and have never had a single issue with their product, integration or service. Highly recommend them.

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I've been using it for non-important things. Haven't had a problem with it. For critical/sensitive things though, I still prefer my own physical drive.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I use it for work. If my laptop gets destroyed I can be back to yesterday within 10 minutes.

I'm usually down for two days when something like that happens (funny how that happens, especially when your livelihood is tied directly to one of those damn things). Mainly takes that long because the guy who does my IT work is in McKinney and so when I'm traveling its just down. Of course I still can access all of my files via my phone, tablet and other computers.

Every week a new image is made of my laptop internal drive.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    VMware? Or the Google Drive ?

I run my laptop as a virtual machine. I back that file up every day. If my laptop were to be consumed by lava, I could have the ENTIRE contents back up on a new laptop in less than 10 minutes.

It works just like an image but I don't have to deal with the IT guy. If you have to by mandate, then Dropbox is probably a better choice, so you can at least still access your documents while waiting on the propeller heads.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    I use it but mostly because it is integrated well into my Google Business account. Got in right before they started charging for it. Makes great for keeping up with my family schedule now that the kids are getting a little older.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I back my computer up on a weekly basis....to an external, 1.5 TB hard drive. That saved my ass when my HP computer hard drive started acting up. I now have a new computer (Lenovo) and its contents are now backed up on a new external 1.5 TB hard drive. Talk about external storage space out the wazoo.......

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I back my computer up on a weekly basis....to an external, 1.5 TB hard drive. That saved my ass when my HP computer hard drive started acting up. I now have a new computer (Lenovo) and its contents are now backed up on a new external 1.5 TB hard drive. Talk about external storage space out the wazoo.......

I have tripled up on my backups. Lost some stuff once, never again. I have a external HD that it backs up to which is always connected. I also have a Iomega 2 TB HD it backs up to. This also available as a cloud, but its not setup for that. And I have norton 360 which backs up all music, pics, and data files.

I have an inherent mistrust for Google after hearing about their info being searched by big brother. Though I have nothing to hide, it makes me think its really not secure.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I've been using it for non-important things. Haven't had a problem with it. For critical/sensitive things though, I still prefer my own physical drive.

Yeah but then if you lose that one physical key, you're screwed. Skydrive et al will sync data across all the computers you put it on. I can have any two or three computers die on me and still have all my data immediately ready to go.

Note that these are data replication and availability services, NOT backups. Use something else to take backups!

Top Bottom