Join TexasGunTalk

Google Earth & Texas Gun Ranges

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by BadSpellar, Jul 26, 2008.

1. BadSpellar

BadSpellar New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    San Antonio
    I just found this site and thought I would make my first post.

For the past year or so I have been working on a project in Google Earth to show as many Texas gun ranges as I could find. I currently have well over 200 ranges located in Texas. I have tried to not locate any by address alone, most are visible or I found good information to confidently locate the range. Whenever I would read about a range I had never been to I would use Google Earth for a birds eye view just to see what I was missing. It has been a fun project and I wanted to share it with any forum members who use Google Earth.

If anybody has any additions or corrections please let me know. To download the file or to view a list of ranges please you can go to this site.

http://sites.google.com/site/txgunrange/

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cool deal man! Do you mind if we add your link to our gun range list? With credit of course.

3. BadSpellar

BadSpellar New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks Texas1911. You can add the link where ever you want. As long as Google provides the free web site I will try to keep the info updated.

4. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Tell you what, I'll host the website for you. How does that sound?

5. BadSpellar

BadSpellar New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it someday but for now I like being able to update the file myself as I make changes.

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If Google ever gives you trouble the offer still stands. I know the free hosting often times has bandwidth limitations.

7. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent job man! That's a useful tool. :)

8. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I started something similar in google maps, but never got all the businesses in there that I wanted, and I can't seem to link to it anymore without logging into google maps...

EDIT - found a way to export it. Looks like I only have a few businesses not listed in the OP's list.