• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    got delayed dunno if its cuz im a new resident or what. heard doing a vaf takes 115 days. the funny thing is if i get denied im going to laugh and then be pissed that the military can trust me with a weapon but the atf/fbi cant?
    Capitol Armory ad

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    New resident won;t be the issue. I bought a handgun within a month of moving to Texas and had no issues.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I bought a gun on the same day I got my TX DL. As a matter of fact, I got my TX DL so I could buy the gun!

As for the military trusting you, what military are you in? If that were true and they did trust us, we'd be allowed to carry personal firearms on base; but at most bases around here the commanders are too worried about their own careers than allowing their personnel to exercise those Constitutional rights they are defending!

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I bought a gun on the same day I got my TX DL. As a matter of fact, I got my TX DL so I could buy the gun!

As for the military trusting you, what military are you in? If that were true and they did trust us, we'd be allowed to carry personal firearms on base; but at most bases around here the commanders are too worried about their own careers than allowing their personnel to exercise those Constitutional rights they are defending!

i didnt mean it as in carrying on base, it does suck that you gotta keep personals in the armory and fill out tags etc for it if you dont have base housing. i was talking about they have pretty much the same restrictions so if one qualifies it should be reciprocal for the rest of the gubment.

high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    I went through the same thing. I bought a 1911 7 months ago with no problem. I went back a about 2 months ago and tried to buy an XDm and XDSC and got a deny. I wrote back and forth to the DOJ and sent in fingerprints, etc. Took me about a month to get everything cleared up. They ended up giving me the clear to purchase the two XDs, but I started a VAF just in case. I am also waiting for the CHL to come in the mail so it should not be a prob in the future. Good luck.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I went through the same thing. I bought a 1911 7 months ago with no problem. I went back a about 2 months ago and tried to buy an XDm and XDSC and got a deny. I wrote back and forth to the DOJ and sent in fingerprints, etc. Took me about a month to get everything cleared up. They ended up giving me the clear to purchase the two XDs, but I started a VAF just in case. I am also waiting for the CHL to come in the mail so it should not be a prob in the future. Good luck.

can you give me more info on how you corresponded and what do you mean the DOJ? texas nics goes through FBI. im curious if the channel you went through can work for me too. as i thought you had to do a VAF as the only means of resolution. i have not been denied, just delayed and i know there is nothing that should be causing either.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    i didnt mean it as in carrying on base, it does suck that you gotta keep personals in the armory and fill out tags etc for it if you dont have base housing. i was talking about they have pretty much the same restrictions so if one qualifies it should be reciprocal for the rest of the gubment.

Well, you stated that the government trusted you but honestly it doesn't. Why I could carry their guns without a problem but having one of my own is doesn't make sense. Are theirs somehow less dangerous? I don't think so.

You can't correlate the two, the same way that having high level security clearances doesn't make getting a CHL or volunteering for the SAPD any easier. Heck, even the FBI took their own sweet time approving me to participate in a program they run. Given that I routinely see Federal and law enforcement classified material, you'd think it would be a quick process; but noooooooooooo...

But having a CHL does make it a much easier process. I recommend moving it up on your list. It's a lot easier than doing a SF86!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom