• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    As the title says.....I reported it to my insurance company as the other party had no license or insurance, or English for that matter. I've got UM so I'm covered though.
    At any rate, the reason for this post is starting the day after the accident I've been getting calls from different people supposedly representing a company called "Texas No Fault" or something similar. 2 calls from Arlington and 1 from Granbury. Probably an ambulance chasing law firm looking to see if I was injured and wants to represent me.
    I've told all three callers to place me on their do not call list; I am also listed on the do not call registry. The number they called on has been on the registry since 9/8/23 so that's past the 31 day waiting period. I knew someone in Cali that made major bucks suing company's that called him even though he was on the do not call list. I talking several 5 figure settlements and yes, I've seen the checks. If they call again, I think I'll play along to get as much info on the company as possible and possibly go after them.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I was added to a class action against Freedom Financial Network recorded calls - Berman TCPA settlement fund. Fewer people than expected filed and I received a check in late March for $233.55 which was my big pay day. Received another against Megellan Health 2 weeks back for $158.78. But those have been my only payouts.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Good for you, OP!
    You get 'em.

In other news, my older sister's family was involved in four accidents in the last part of 2023. Most were not their fault. Three of the four had no insurance and their citizenship status was sketchy. One even gave false info. But my niece had grabbed a pic of him and he was wearing a shirt with his employer's logo. She tracked him down.
    Busted.
    Moral of the story: be careful, it's a jungle out there.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    I was added to a class action against Freedom Financial Network recorded calls - Berman TCPA settlement fund. Fewer people than expected filed and I received a check in late March for $233.55 which was my big pay day. Received another against Megellan Health 2 weeks back for $158.78. But those have been my only payouts.
    My my friends case, he did everything himself; he was a shut in due to an accident and either was on his computer or ham radio. Knew him since elementary school. There is/was a $500.00 limit per occurrence. I remember he said a couple of companies had called him over 30 times---he was very good at stringing folks along. For those he had a lawyer friend handle it as it was over the small claims limit.

Top Bottom