• mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Ruger22_45_Volquartsen.jpg

Recently acquired this beauty ... a Volquartsen Custom.

Bought it for me, but the wife got her mitts on it. :banghead:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    MKII2.jpg

My Ruger MKII that my grandfather gave to me! I am thinking about putting a heavy barrel on it but I am wondering how hard that would be?
    To replace the upper is really quite simple. You just do a general disassembly and replacement, no tools needed. The hard part is that the barrel and upper receiver are all one part, so it's the 'gun' according the the rules. To get a new one, you have to purchase it like any other complete gun. You have the option of Pac-Lite Barrel Upgrade for the Ruger 22/45 and MK Series Pistols | Tactical Solutions or https://www.volquartsen.com/products/754-llv-for-mkii-and-mkiii . Volquartsen also offers a .17 Mach2 conversion if you want to go that route. In the end, unless you want all the benefits of the upgrades offered by the companies products above, it's generally about the same price to buy another gun with the heavy barrel.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    To replace the upper is really quite simple. You just do a general disassembly and replacement, no tools needed. The hard part is that the barrel and upper receiver are all one part, so it's the 'gun' according the the rules. To get a new one, you have to purchase it like any other complete gun. You have the option of Pac-Lite Barrel Upgrade for the Ruger 22/45 and MK Series Pistols | Tactical Solutions or https://www.volquartsen.com/products/754-llv-for-mkii-and-mkiii . Volquartsen also offers a .17 Mach2 conversion if you want to go that route. In the end, unless you want all the benefits of the upgrades offered by the companies products above, it's generally about the same price to buy another gun with the heavy barrel.

That's what I thought but I was just curious if a new barrel could be screwed on. Thank you for the help!

zain5505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas
    I used to have a Mark that my dad handed down to me but I could never get it to shoot reliably. I had a lot of issues with it jamming up so I traded it for a Walther p22. The P22 is a lot of fun to shoot but no where near as accurate as the Ruger.

zoomanderson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Houston
    I've got the Mark III with the 5 inch bull barrel that I plan on doing the Volquartsen treatment on. Plan on getting a High Standard and a S&W Model 41 one day (Many years from now). Ruger was a great price ($299) and the wife loves it too.
    Has anyone else put a bunch of Volquartsen parts on their Rugers? Where should I start?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I've got the Mark III with the 5 inch bull barrel that I plan on doing the Volquartsen treatment on. Plan on getting a High Standard and a S&W Model 41 one day (Many years from now). Ruger was a great price ($299) and the wife loves it too.
    Has anyone else put a bunch of Volquartsen parts on their Rugers? Where should I start?

Yep I need to upgrade the trigger on mine. Sure are a lot of pieces.. And BTW Welcome to the forum.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I like the Ruger pistols but quit fooling with the single actions. The Standard, Mark 1, Mark 2 have always been a source of fascination for me. I'll bet we'd have something to talk about! I agree that the Mark 3's leave me unmotivated. That's what we do, though. Keep messing with something that works perfectly until we goof it up.

Disassembly and reassembly is easy but it's a secret!

I like them all but in order from favorite to least favorites they go like this:
    Slab Side
    Standard with short tapered barrel
    Bull barrel Mark 2
    22/45
    Taper barrel Mark 2 target

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Okay, you got me. Here is a shot from last year when I pulled MOST of them out of the safe for a group pictures

DSCN1208.jpg

A&E called, want to know if you'll do an episode of Hoarding?
    BTW: wirty dords was the 1st thing that came out of my mouth when I saw that ~ I was dining alone in public too

Top Bottom