• ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    ... Yes I do.

So went to the local Academy to see what they had today. Well... turns out they had 150rd boxes of 9mm 115g boo'lets. They also have a 3 box limit. Snatched up 3 boxes n' checked out then headed to the local Field & Stream to see what they had. Net results @ F&S was zero. Then headed to Cabela's to check their inventory. I'm looking for guns, ammo and anything else I think I might need. Well Cabela's had zero of all those items. So I'm heading home.

On the way I pass another Academy so I swing in there to see what they have. I'd really like to pick up another P365 bb gun to practice holster draws n' the like with but they don't have another one. But they do have 100ct Winchester 115g 9mm ammo. Again 3 box limit. Again cash out with those three boxes. Not a bad day scored 950 rounds of 9mm for less that 20 cents a round. Walking in tall cotton. Well I was until I got back to the shop.

Something I always have done but forgot this time. Check casing material on the ammo I'm buying. I didn't check on the 150ct Winchesters I first picked up. Well, I checked when I got back to the shop. Damn it... Sho'nuff steel casing. Tote it back to Academy and attempt to return. No can do even Academy has a no return policy on ammunitions. So now I'm setting here with 450rds of steel casing 9mm ammo.

Now the question is what do I do? None of the ranges I'm apt to frequent allow steel casings. I'll have opportunity outdoors but not at a range and not until around October at which time I could probably run some through the tube. Question is: Do I want to do that? If I don't then what? Donate'em to BLM? LOL

What to do... what to do... anybody got any GOOD suggestions?
    Capitol Armory ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    ... Yes I do.

So went to the local Academy to see what they had today. Well... turns out they had 150rd boxes of 9mm 115g boo'lets. They also have a 3 box limit. Snatched up 3 boxes n' checked out then headed to the local Field & Stream to see what they had. Net results @ F&S was zero. Then headed to Cabela's to check their inventory. I'm looking for guns, ammo and anything else I think I might need. Well Cabela's had zero of all those items. So I'm heading home.

On the way I pass another Academy so I swing in there to see what they have. I'd really like to pick up another P365 bb gun to practice holster draws n' the like with but they don't have another one. But they do have 100ct Winchester 115g 9mm ammo. Again 3 box limit. Again cash out with those three boxes. Not a bad day scored 950 rounds of 9mm for less that 20 cents a round. Walking in tall cotton. Well I was until I got back to the shop.

Something I always have done but forgot this time. Check casing material on the ammo I'm buying. I didn't check on the 150ct Winchesters I first picked up. Well, I checked when I got back to the shop. Damn it... Sho'nuff steel casing. Tote it back to Academy and attempt to return. No can do even Academy has a no return policy on ammunitions. So now I'm setting here with 450rds of steel casing 9mm ammo.

Now the question is what do I do? None of the ranges I'm apt to frequent allow steel casings. I'll have opportunity outdoors but not at a range and not until around October at which time I could probably run some through the tube. Question is: Do I want to do that? If I don't then what? Donate'em to BLM? LOL

What to do... what to do... anybody got any GOOD suggestions?
    Wait for just before the election when shiet is full blown stupid, someone will buy them. Hell you might just make a little scratch off some "new to guns".

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Keep them for a rainy day. OR, offer them for sale locally and get your money back by passing along a good deal.
    Not sure where you are, but I'm guessing you can recoup your money from a fellow TGT member without much effort.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    They were 27.99 per box and when I add the tax they came out exactly .20 a round. The 100ct, which has brass casings, were 22.99 per and with tax came in at .25 ea.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Hang on to it until you can get to an outdoor range.
    Crappy ammo is sometimes the best for certain drills -- I like crappy ammo for drills that are shot at 7 yards or less, but still at a sizable target -- like the Bill Drill. The slight drop in accuracy from the crappy ammo really isn't a big deal that close.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The 6 boxes you described only add up to 750, not 950.
    Unless of course, I missed more boxes.

Let me explain..... OK So I go to the first Academy and they have a 3 box limit on 9mm, 7.6 n' a few others... That is where I picked up 3 - 150rd boxes of the steel casing. Then... I end up at another academy where they have brass casing Winchesters in 100ct boxes. They also have a sign that say's Max - 5 boxes. I'm thinkin' OH Goodiee! And grab 5 100ct boxes. That makes up the 950 round count I mentioned. Then I get to the check-out and they say "Oh...no...no..no You can only buy 3 boxes of those!" So I explain the signage in the ammo department "Max 5 boxes"! Then they say "It's a maximum of 5 boxes total. But only 3 of the restricted sales ammo" - which the 9mm were. So they took two of my boxes but failed to correct my math in the process. And there you are! Just like my momma always told me "SON!, any excuse is better'n none!"

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Does it say steel on the box? If not, then open a dispute with your credit card bank. It's definitely not suitable for purpose. Obviously try to give it back again after the chargeback goes through.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Does it say steel on the box? If not, then open a dispute with your credit card bank. It's definitely not suitable for purpose. Obviously try to give it back again after the chargeback goes through.

oh... it absolutely says “steel case” on the outside of the box. I have no intention creating some kind of issue because I had a brain fart. I was somewhat aware of almost every ammo supplier - you buy it... you own it. I screwed up - education cost - this bit of education cost me $90.90. I could sell it, and I may. The only real question I had/have is should I “choot’it” outta some new pistols. Seems at this point I have 1-fer n’ 1-knott’fer.

Top Bottom