Got my $89 pistol today, now with pictures.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by phatcyclist, May 10, 2008.

1. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I decided I was done working on a failed workstation for a while today, so I called my FFL to see if my pistol had arrived yet. They said it had just came in, so I departed from my office. I got there and did all the standard stuff for the transfer and went home. De-cocker works, safety works, mag release works. The pistol functions in both double and single action, score.

I went to put it back in the box, and something was rattling around inside. Well I dumped the box over and a magazine came out! I had the one it came with, and the extra one I ordered, plus an additional one! They accidently threw in another magazine, sweet! :banger:

I haven't shot this thing yet, although I did buy a box of .32 from a local sporting goods store ($19.99 :eek: ), but I plan on reloading my play rounds anyway. All in all though, I think if it shoots alright it will be a fun little pistol.

I'm taking it to the range tomorrow, and I will have some pictures accompanying the details.

2. carneyman

carneyman Active Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    How did you come by an $89 pistol??

3. phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1061

I saw this link on another forum. Truth be told, it was $127 shipped, plus the $15 FFL transfer, but still less than $150 all said and done. I am hopeful it will operate without any problems. I did have to replace the firing pin return spring with one I had. The firing pin wouldn't return quite back as far as it needed to, but I think it will work now. Some time I might buy a replacement spring (if I can ever find one), but I have a feeling this fix will work for what I plan on using the pistol for.

4. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    Planting evidence? :rofl:

Seriously, what do you use an $89 pistol for?

5. phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX

:rofl: No, just a cheap to reload centerfire pistol. It's not really expensive, or meaningful, a perfect candidate for say a tackle-box gun.

6. PhilR

PhilR New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Trophy Club, Texas
    Back in the day we called em "throw down guns". :cool:

7. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Let us know how it does ,been thinking of getting one but heard that they arn't that good. For just plinking what the heck..

8. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Nice! These days, that term has a different meaning.

9. phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, I started with a box of 50 rounds, and I have none now. The gun was so fun to shoot, and quite accurate. I had no stoppages, no FTF or FTE the whole time. I was hitting clays on the backstop at 15 yards with no problem. I think it was a great way to spend $140 all said and done.

I'm going to get some pictures up shortly, but I am famished currently.

10. phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here are some of the pictures I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the picture of all three magazines
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only injury of the day, I just looked down and my finger was like that.
    [​IMG]

My target of .32 ACP and .22 LR. This was at about 7 yards. By the end of the day I was hitting clay pigeons on the backstop about 15 yards out with the .32.
    [​IMG]

I am really impressed with how well this gun works. Not sure I will be trusting my life to a .32, but I think as a backup or a fun centerfire plinker, this is a good purchase.