• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Well I got it out, used a cleaning rod as suggested above. I'd say it took one or two decent whacks. Easier than I thought.
    A stuck bullet isn't hard to get out of a handgun, as you found. They usually don't travel that far from the chamber, so a rod down the muzzle and a series of taps will drive it back out - I've done this many, many times as a range officer.

For those who've never had to do this, there's no need to attempt to drive it out with a single massive blow - just hold the barrel in your hand and keep tapping (about 20 lbs of force) the rod against something hard eg concrete floor. The bullet will eventually pop out.

Ragnar Danneskjold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Arlington, TX
    Well I have a hell of an update for y'all. Went to the range again, and in less than 100 rounds I got two more squibs. That's 3 squib round in about 450. Never buying this ammo again.

The manufacturer is MBI and I purchased it from BulkAmmo.com

Stay away from MBI.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Have you found any that are missing a powder charge?

The firing line is not the place to do final inspection on your reloads. I am a fanatic about safety in my reloading and if there is any chance that I made a mistake, I'll pull the whole batch down. Each round gets a visual check even on the Dillon progressives by positioning a light and a mirror so each charge is visible. It slows things up but it's a good investment in my peace of mind! A spring clamp holds the mirror and it's foolproof. Every round is visually checked, then a weight check follows.

On the Dillons, you deprime by pulling the handle back towards you. You re-prime by pushing the handle forward. That is my biggest error point......forgetting to seat the primer. Each round is visually inspected for missing primers but the quickest way to catch it is to spot powder granules on the rotating shell plate. If you see powder, there's a primer missing.

Hey, just another trick.....
    I keep a small piece of glass from a picture frame in my reloading toolbox. When the batch is complete, I place the rounds primer side down on the glass and jiggle it a little. Any round with a high primer will dance. It's quick and effective!

Flash

if you run a Dillon just get a powder check station.

There is virtually no way to have a squib or double charge while using the Dillon Powder Check.
    If you get one there would be no reason for you to weigh each loaded round ever again

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Well I have a hell of an update for y'all. Went to the range again, and in less than 100 rounds I got two more squibs. That's 3 squib round in about 450. Never buying this ammo again.

The manufacturer is MBI and I purchased it from BulkAmmo.com

Stay away from MBI.

How much ammo from this batch do you have left? Time to find a scale and start weighing rounds.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Glad you found that squib. Lord knows all of us really like keeping our hands and faces intact. Only squib I've ever had was totally on purpose. When I started reloading with Bayou Bullets in my 9mm I loaded one up with primer only and fired it towards the side of my house with masonry walls on the outside. Nice little "pop" like opening a muffled bottle of champagne, very noticeable. Round only went one driving band into the rifling. Nice part was I was able to get a slug of my bore at the start of the rifling as well.

Top Bottom