• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Congrats on the place. You've already signed the lease. Move In and take it how It is. A lot of these folks with online reviews are people evicted, never lived there, other properties trying to tarnish it. Some of those may be legitimate, but it'll be only your experience, some people may have zero tolerance. I always say there's not enough praise in the world. How many times have I done things at work above and beyond, but may not get a compliment. Now, a random person may see me for only a second and think I've offended them somehow and they'll be the first in the complaint line. You obviously liked the location, look, and layout. Management being rude? Eh, you'll only being seeing them to pay rent or for a service repair. Take anything with a grain of salt.....soooooooooo...

When's the BBQ?!
    Texas SOT

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Thanks guys! I am pretty excited. Its a great size for me, actually a bit large at 680 SF.

The contract only states it is against regulations to "carry firearms in common areas in a manner meant to calculate alarm". Plus the rather attractive leasing lady has been asking me for firearms advice

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You may look back on living at home as the "good old days" but ya gotta fly free and be your own man. In fact, I left home at 17 and never returned. Hit the garage sales for furniture and lay in some concrete blocks and boards to build book shelves. In my first house, I bought a picnic table and used it as a dining room table!

I'd avoid buying good furniture. Tossing a blanket over a beat up chair and TA DA.....new chair! There are lots of ways to furnish a pad and it's a chance to use your ingenuity instead of your credit card. When you find an item you like better, trade up or recycle your "old" item to someone else. Heck, that's half the fun of having your own place!

Hey....I have some items that may be of use and I'll bet the members here do, too. Send me a PM and I'll fix you up.

Best of luck on your new adventure!

Flash

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    The good will and kinds on this board always impress me. Thank you all for your offers and your kindness. I have luckily been acquiring furniture for some time now, and have most of the things that I need. The only two pieces that are missing are a couch and a TV stand.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Thanks guys! I am pretty excited. Its a great size for me, actually a bit large at 680 SF.

The contract only states it is against regulations to "carry firearms in common areas in a manner meant to calculate alarm". Plus the rather attractive leasing lady has been asking me for firearms advice

Careful in an apartment with OPSEC. It's EASY to break into most apartments and you have 7 neighboors who all know your routine.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I am being very careful about letting people know whats in there. I am sending most of my long guns back to Dallas to store in our house (Mausers, Mosins, my AK, ect.) I will most likely keep my AR and Handguns in there. Whenever I leave the apartment with a weapon I make sure that it is secured in a case that looks non conspicuous.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    good deal man, i almost rented a house on 30 acres for my first place, then an apartment, but it ended up falling through so i got this instead....She aint fancy but I only paid 5000 for her
    100_0301.gif

media1-2.gif

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    Congrats... I love san Antonio... Have fun...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God...

BigD24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    RGV
    congrats on the apt!

my first apt was something else! had 2 other roommates who were horrible when it came to cleaning and throwing out the trash! but wow! the memories were great! 4am bbqs, drinking all night, doing whatever i pleased! and then overtime at work ended and well i had no other choice but to move back into my parents house. but hey, fun times and life long memories!

Top Bottom