• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Due to a future employer, I need to move within 30 min of downtown Ft Worth. I currently lease and that property management group has a number of homes in and around that area. I want to put my family in a safe neighborhood.
    Someone said to stay away from "inside the loop". I'll take it that it means inside I-20/820.
    There are three places just north of Crowley before you get to the loop on I-35 that are available.
    There are a couple of places that are wedged between 580 and I-30 just outside the loop that are available.
    There are also a couple of places going north on 287 on the west side of it (one near East Harmon Road and one near W Bonds Ranch Road).
    Three more up I-35; Kroger Drive and S Main Street, North Beach Street and Golden Triangle Blvd, Timberland Blvd between 35 and North Beach Street.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Guns International

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    I live on/just outside 820 on the south/southwest side of town.

I would avoid anything north, traffic is hell up there. Crowley used to be a nice area but from what I've seen most parts have gone down hill. If those available places are not actually in Crowley they may be worth looking at.

Depending on where you come from now, 580 just outside of 820 is a a slightly more rural area, the other side of 820 from there is no beuno but the west side towards Aledo is nice.

For any of those areas, at the very least id get addresses and go check out the immediate area. If it looks shady it probably is.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Each of those areas seems to have older neighborhoods and a lot of new construction (>10 yrs old).
    Nice neighborhoods and some not so nice.

The I35 corridor from 28th street north to the 287 split is a traffic nightmare.

W. Camp Bowie south of I30 all the way around to 377 in Benbrook has really grown in the last 10 years.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The up north locations are in good areas but the drive down 35 to downtown sucks unless you leave very early.

In the off traffic times you could make it down town in maybe 20min

TheTexasTom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    North up 35 is the growing area, but as mentioned before, the traffic, especially with construction is a real beating.

Kind of funny however, because I just moved to your hometown from the DFW metro to get away from all that stuff.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    North or West is typically nicer, but traffic during rush hour anywhere on 35 sucks. Outside the 820 loop is good advise. Are you looking for country living or city living? Lots of options either way.

Patchntx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I lived in Denton for years. Low cost of living there. Very nice town. Very laid back. Kind of like a mini-Austin. Great food and entertainment. Anything between Keller and Denton is nice. 30 minutes from downtown is meaningless. 30 minutes from downtown during rush hour is about 5 miles. You don't have many choices unless you are loaded with money. 30 minutes not during rush hour can put you quite a ways into some nice surrounding communities heading out South, West, or North. Stay away from Mid-cities.(Arlington, Euless, Bedford, Hurst, North Richland hills.) Horrible roads, traffic, and ever rising crime rate.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Company vehicle with GPS tracking module installed. Condition of employment to be 30 minutes from downtown. Narrowed it down to a neighborhood that's a few minutes west of the loop out I-30.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Denton (or Corinth, Hickory Creek, Shady Shores ) all good places and still reasonable prices and low crime. I-35 under construction now, but will be finished in a year so the traffic is a short term problem.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Company vehicle with GPS tracking module installed. Condition of employment to be 30 minutes from downtown. Narrowed it down to a neighborhood that's a few minutes west of the loop out I-30.
    So draw a circle on a map within 30 miles of downtown. That meets the requirement i would think.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom