• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Does anybody know how the Democratic candidate, White, stands on gun laws? Is he likely to be of the Ann Richardson mold and oppose reducing restrictions on concealed carry. I am especially concerned about being able to carry on campus, if we can get the law changed in the next legislature.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    You have GOT to be kidding with that question! White is a party hack of the worst sort. If the national party tells him to dress in a pink tutu, he'll look like a ballerina within the hour.

I know - it's hard to like Perry. Maybe near impossible. But White is never going to support pro-gun legislation.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    From Wiki...

Mayor White was a member of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition,[12] a bi-partisan group with a stated goal of "making the public safer by getting illegal guns off the streets." The Coalition is co-chaired by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. White resigned from the group in July 2009. White's staff said that the group's focus had grown from its original effort to prevent the sale of stolen guns. Regarding a recent proposal to allow those with concealed gun permits to carry them into other states, White's staff added that he resigned the day that the group took out a newspaper advertisement denouncing that proposal. [13]

Take that as you'd like, but this was only a few months before he announced his intent of running for governor. Skeptical individuals like myself could construe this as a ploy to distance himself from this anti-gun lobby. Even though it targets "illegal guns," it is still anti-gun as what is an "illegal gun" by definition in this state? There is the illegal possession of a firearm, but the firearm itself is not illegal, just the person who has it. What may be illegal for some could easily be legal for others.

Personally, I like Perry. I align with a lot of his positions on key issues (although not all of them); but the one thing for sure is he has been very pro-gun throughout his terms as governor. You can't help but like that!

Cheers! M2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_White_(politician)#cite_note-12

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks for the replies. They confirmed what I have suspected all along--White is another gun-banner, and electing him would just take us back to the bad, old days of Anne Richardson.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Take that as you'd like, but this was only a few months before he announced his intent of running for governor.

Is this anything like in 2007, Rudy Guiliani and Mitt Romney all of a sudden started wearing NRA hats? No, couldn't be.

Re: White. Last month I was curious and went to his website. Searched every issue, every news conference, NOT ONE mention of his stance Yea or Ney on the 2nd Amendment. Seems if he had anything to boast about, anything positive to Texans, he would say it.

I recall too vividly when boozer Ann Richards was gov. The massacre at Luby's Cafeteria had taken place, a couple years later Suzanna Hupp approached Jerry Patterson to write the CCW Bill. Richards said that as long as she was governor there would be no CCW Law. Bush said that if he was elected, he would sign it the first day. He was, he did.

THAT is what democrats would do to us.

Top Bottom