• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    The news originally said the rifle was a fully automatic rifle, then about 10 minutes later said that witnesses were saying it was either semi or fully automatic. They just panned across the rifle on the news, and it looked to have a beta mag (or some other double drum mag) in it. Officers shot in Granbury - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 10:30 AM MDTUpdated: Jun 28, 2013 11:14 AM MDTBy: Tracy Delatte - email

GRANBURY, Texas -Two peace officers were shot Friday morning in Granbury, Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds confirmed.
    City officials told FOX 4 the incident began with a shooting on Edgecliff Court, near Lake Granbury.
    Officers caught up with the suspect a short time later in front of City Hall. Witnesses said he came screeching down the street in a white van that already had a window shot out.
    The gunman jumped out of his van and started spraying bullets. He was killed by return fire, the witnesses said.

A Granbury police officer and a Hood County sheriff's deputy were hurt. One was taken to Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth by air ambulance.
    Video from SKY 4 showed dozens evidence markers along a sidewalk and in a parking lot. Officers could be seen searching the white van and an automatic weapon was on the ground nearby.
    Traffic was shut down at Houston and Rucker streets.
    Stay tuned to myFOXdwf.com and FOX 4 News for updates.

Hurley's Gold

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    ...and blow up railroads.

The liberal idiocy continues on. I sure wish these idiots would actually learn a thing or two about the shit they talk about.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I believe we were quoting statements made in the recent media blitz. We couldn't come up with these gems on our own if we tried :)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I believe we were quoting statements made in the recent media blitz. We couldn't come up with these gems on our own if we tried

I'm speaking for SF but I believe he stepped in on a comment I also jumped on. I am certain SF edited the thread appropriately & deleted it.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The first responding deputy has died.

lance+mclean.jpeg

Hood County deputy wounded in Granbury shooting dies | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Reports are that the shooter was a gun dealer out of Burleson. He sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl and missed his court appearance. The deputy was dispatched to a disturbance and to serve a warrant for the shooter's arrest.

Don't know the details of the shooting, but the deputy was shot in the back of the head.

The deputy was 38, lived in Hico I believe and leaves behind a wife and two kids who are wheelchair bound.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Officer McLean seemed to be a great family man. I pray for his family. It's always a terrible tragedy when a good man falls victim to a criminal. A memorial account has been set up under the family name at First National Bank of Hico and Community Bank of Granbury.

Katy Rifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Hood County deputy dies of gunshot wound | Crime and Safety | News from Fort Worth, Dall...
    "Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford said a search of McCommas’ home Friday led to the seizure of “a little less than three dozen” firearms, including several semiautomatic rifles and handguns.

The sheriff said he was told that McCommas had a federal license to deal in guns.
    Johnson County sheriff’s deputies, Texas Rangers and agents with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found about 10,000 rounds of ammunition of various calibers, including .223, .308, 9 mm and .45, Alford said.
    McCommas also had shell casings, bullets and gunpowder.
    “Obviously, he was a reloader,” Alford said.
    The search recovered a .308-caliber rifle that appeared capable of firing fully automatic, and ATF experts were trying to determine whether it could, he said.
    Deputies also found a sound suppressor.
    Both require special permits under the National Firearms Act of 1934. The sheriff said ATF agents were checking whether McCommas had such permits.
    McCommas worked at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth from April 2004 to October 2012, said hospital spokeswoman Nikki Hall-Branch. She declined to disclose his position.
    Robertson, the Joshua police chief, said her department was told that McCommas was terminated as a security guard last fall. She said another local law enforcement agency reported that he had used his security badge after his dismissal.
    Authorities said they have found no criminal record for McCommas aside from the sexual assault charge.
    Robertson is concerned that McCommas had so many guns, she said, but as far as she knows, he possessed them legally as a dealer.
    Since he had not been convicted of any crimes, he did not have to surrender them."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom