• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hood County deputy dies of gunshot wound | Crime and Safety | News from Fort Worth, Dall...
    "Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford said a search of McCommas’ home Friday led to the seizure of “a little less than three dozen” firearms, including several semiautomatic rifles and handguns.

The sheriff said he was told that McCommas had a federal license to deal in guns.
    Johnson County sheriff’s deputies, Texas Rangers and agents with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found about 10,000 rounds of ammunition of various calibers, including .223, .308, 9 mm and .45, Alford said.
    McCommas also had shell casings, bullets and gunpowder.
    “Obviously, he was a reloader,” Alford said.
    The search recovered a .308-caliber rifle that appeared capable of firing fully automatic, and ATF experts were trying to determine whether it could, he said.
    Deputies also found a sound suppressor.
    Both require special permits under the National Firearms Act of 1934. The sheriff said ATF agents were checking whether McCommas had such permits.
    McCommas worked at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth from April 2004 to October 2012, said hospital spokeswoman Nikki Hall-Branch. She declined to disclose his position.
    Robertson, the Joshua police chief, said her department was told that McCommas was terminated as a security guard last fall. She said another local law enforcement agency reported that he had used his security badge after his dismissal.
    Authorities said they have found no criminal record for McCommas aside from the sexual assault charge.
    Robertson is concerned that McCommas had so many guns, she said, but as far as she knows, he possessed them legally as a dealer.
    Since he had not been convicted of any crimes, he did not have to surrender them."

That could be any number of firearm owners (nonFFLs) that she could be talking about. I realize this isn't on topic, but it makes me roll my eyes when someone verbalizes concern about an amount of firearms a citizen has (or ammo for that matter).
    ARJ Defense ad

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Damn. Sorry to hear the deputy didn't make it. While I might make fun of te idiotic news "reporting", the gravity of the situation is obvious and serious. Bastard shooter got what he deserved (especially if the allegations about him are true) but it's a damn shame he managed to take someone with him.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There are crazy and evil people out there, and unfortunately LEOs are often in direct line of fire with these oxygen thieves. Our prayers go out to the officer's family.

And I have no problem with the bad guy assuming room temperature.

Top Bottom