• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The BG must have been highly pissed off about something. Anyone know how many times he was hit? I suspect it was many wounds. It suggests that a 9mm or .40 cal doesn't have the oats for that kind of confrontation. He would have never kept going with .45acp rounds in him.

I have absolutely NO problem with the LEO's trashing this nut. For our own CHL training, however, you might consider a cease fire after he is down and motionless. For people like you and me, Grand Juries will not approve of the extra rounds that he absorbed after he was down.

Flash

Not all grand juries feel that way. Those juries are made up of a big cross section of the local population of a district. Don't paint them all the same because they are not. Grand juries have only two major functions; 1.To determine if a crime was committed. 2. Could the person accused have "probably" done it. They have nothing to consider about the officers unless charges are brought against them by the D.A.

Ah! I re-read your post. Didn't make the distinction between "people like you and me" and "officers". You may be correct in your assumption.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    The BG must have been highly pissed off about something. Anyone know how many times he was hit? I suspect it was many wounds. It suggests that a 9mm or .40 cal doesn't have the oats for that kind of confrontation. He would have never kept going with .45acp rounds in him.

I have absolutely NO problem with the LEO's trashing this nut. For our own CHL training, however, you might consider a cease fire after he is down and motionless. For people like you and me, Grand Juries will not approve of the extra rounds that he absorbed after he was down.

Flash

Regardless of what the jury says, if I ever happen to be in this situation, I'm going to give that bastard everything I have. Take no chances.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    I remember being taught to roll the windows down so when you are hunkered behind the doors, the window helps deflect the rounds.

Also, since the glass almost certainly will shatter when struck by a round, having that glass almost completely contained within the door cavity would seem to be much better than having it shatter while it's still up. Less glass getting in your eyes, I would think.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    F*ckin' bastard suicide-by-cop a$$hole :mad:

The guy had a serious death wish.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, they found an assortment of items in his car that make him look like a Hollywood thug wannabe:

Prosecutor: Middlefield police officers acted in self-defense in fatal shooting of James Gilkerson

"A search of his car and the trunk revealed multiple loaded magazines and loads of ammunition, ski masks and gloves, military style ammo cans, a scoped .22 caliber rifle, numerous instructional DVDs and books such as "Kitchen Approved Plastic Explosives," "Advance Close-Range Gunfighting," "Homemade Detonators," and many others."

Sounds like those two brave officers thwarted a potential domestic terrorist, to boot.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    We had a fellow LEO many moons ago take on a guy with a mac 10 or mac 11 - fully auto. This was when we had wheel guns. After some gun fire the officer was reloading the wheel gun when the wacko left his car, came back and lit him up big time. He actually survived all the hits and is still working to this date.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Most probably don't for anything like rifle rounds. It's incredibly expensive to armor a regular vehicle like a crown vic. Lots of welding, lots of steel, several hundred to several thousand pounds heavier.
    Dyneema is a heck of a lot lighter and probably cheaper with the current price of steel. You're right about it being a trick to armor against rifle rounds... IIIa is quite doable, however. It's only money ;)

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Also, since the glass almost certainly will shatter when struck by a round, having that glass almost completely contained within the door cavity would seem to be much better than having it shatter while it's still up. Less glass getting in your eyes, I would think.

I think the windshield will deflect bullets quite a bit more than most people think. I watched a video about it (not an expert myself), but it will really deflect the POI, even of very near targets. Notice how most of the bullets strike at the BG's feet.

One of the guys even shoved his barrel (they were using rifles) through the hole in the glass.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    What every police officer potentially faces on a daily basis.

Remember that the next time a cop may not be in the best of moods when they pull you over.

I wish both officers a quick and full recovery!

private citizens face the same level of potential violence on a daily basis, especially where or when illegally disarmed under the color of law....

Top Bottom