• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCanadianOne

Before anything.....Coffee first!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    I'm still on the fence of which to pair with an Aero precision solus barreled action (M24 barrel profile) for a future build. I've done the research on each of them but appreciate some feedback from those who have used them before. Id like to keep the weight managable but I dont plan for it to be an alpine gun. For those that have used either, what's been your experience?
    Military Camp

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Chassis stocks look cool, but unless you compete or only use it for a range rifle most of them aren't the kind of stock that you would want on a hunting rifle.
    I love my KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, but it would be my last choice for a gun to carry around.
    D4YGd06.jpg

On the other hand, Chassis stock's like the KRG Bravo, and the Woox Exactus look, feel and handle like a traditional stock.
    MZkFqJE.jpg

Y8Xm2v6.jpg

I've looked at Greyboe stocks, but for about the same money, I'd buy a Manners or McMillan.

TheCanadianOne

Before anything.....Coffee first!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Houston
    Chassis stocks look cool, but unless you compete or only use it for a range rifle most of them aren't the kind of stock that you would want on a hunting rifle.
    I love my KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, but it would be my last choice for a gun to carry around.
    D4YGd06.jpg

On the other hand, Chassis stock's like the KRG Bravo, and the Woox Exactus look, feel and handle like a traditional stock.
    MZkFqJE.jpg

Y8Xm2v6.jpg

I've looked at Greyboe stocks, but for about the same money, I'd buy a Manners or McMillan.
    Yeah that's kinda what I figured. I have no issue chassis but if I plan to do a hunt in the future I'd want the rifle comfortably set up for it. Living in TX, the heat can be a nuisance especially when holding a metal chassis that can hold heat. I considered looking back at McMillan early on but with what I was looking to do, the Grayboe came out ahead in price and weight.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I personally don’t care for the looks of chassis rifles but the modularity and adjustability is nice if the application dictates needing those items.

That said, MDT makes a chassis that is advertised for hunting. The folding stock is a nice option for mountain hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I’ve had chassis on savage 10/110’s if you’re shooting off a bench they are nice especially because my wife and I are different shapes it was great to tweak. That being said it was heavy and it was trash to sling and walk around with. My wife also preferred having a hunting stock just setup for her with the LOP and a comb riser.

Right now I’ve got a Magpul hunter on my Ruger American and it slings better just wander around the property, but I haven’t done anything distance wise.

Top Bottom