• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So anyone have a science lesson that explains why green is such a battery hog?

And I don't know the frequency, but it seems like Blue is an easy to see color as well. How does battery life stack up using blue?
    Guns International

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You seem like a nice guy, so I'll try not to be too harsh. I don't $#@!ing care about your science lesson. Everyone knows what I'm talking about when I say green goes farther than red.

Unfortunate. Everything happens for a reason. We call that reason physics.
    If someone can answer the question more articulately than me I'll learn something too.

It's the internet.
    I'm in the wrong place should I be adverse to "harsh", so no offense taken.

It's the pervasive imprecision in language that I find throughout firearm culture that is so interesting.......as with the nice lady teaching me at a gun show about how one night vision could see a mile and the other could only see a half mile.
    I observed that both could be used to view the moon so they, in fact, could both see hundreds of thousands of miles.
    She did not get it.

Anyway, here: NdT is far smarter than I am.
    http://bigthink.com/videos/neil-degrasse-tyson-on-teaching-science

"Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you."
    John Wooden

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So anyone have a science lesson that explains why green is such a battery hog?

And I don't know the frequency, but it seems like Blue is an easy to see color as well. How does battery life stack up using blue?

I seem to recall that there is no such thing as a green LED.
    I'm thinking that the highly visible green is generated by shining an invisible infrared LED laser through a frequency doubling/wavelength halving crystal that generates battery-consuming heat or something like that.

I'm watching Steve Martin on Colbert so that's off the top of my head. I'll look it up later.
    I'm no scientist, though surely someone here must be.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom