• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin
    Contact them and demand any funds back that you have spent. Dispute
    with CC companies. Let's make them regret this.

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    I bought something from Groupon last year. The company flaked on me. I managed to get my $$ back, but have never and will never buy from them again.

TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin
    Having worked for many dot com businesses, flooding them with support
    requests, cripples them. It doesn't take much to overwhelm them. They need
    to get the message.

Call us at 1 (888) 375-5777
    Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm CST

Pick a time next week. Call and simply ask them to clarify the policy. If enough
    people do it, they will get the message.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Who cares? These daily deal sites suck anyways. My fiance has had her credit card info stolen 3 times in short order, directly as a result of purchasing Groupon deals, to the tune of several thousand dollars in charges being run up. Using these sites as a business or as a customer is just asking for trouble. I know because I've dealt with a few of them in both capacities.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Confirmed by KTBC in Austin.

Local CHL class groupon canceled.

Vote with our dollars and voices. Put em out of business and let
    everyone know why.

'Groupon' cancels all gun-related deals: Austin gun instructor c

The fact that people think they are doing something to "help" people and "make society safer" by doing things like this, tells me just how many IDIOTS there are among us. I am not joking when I say it reminds me of a bunch of zombies walking around. Brainless creatures, just ruining our REPUBLIC by mob rule.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Having worked for many dot com businesses, flooding them with support
    requests, cripples them. It doesn't take much to overwhelm them. They need
    to get the message.

Call us at 1 (888) 375-5777
    Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm CST

Pick a time next week. Call and simply ask them to clarify the policy. If enough
    people do it, they will get the message.
    I assume that this is Groupon's info.

Here is my question, to what end? Are we trying to keep the Groupon service going? Why do we care? If they take gun deals back are they our friends again? I don't think so. Let them learn not to turn their backs on gun owners. Are you really going to support them if they allow us back? They have proven their allegiance. Let them live with it. Or die with it. They have proven that politics is more important than business and I hope they suffer for it.

That being said, I have never used that service and now never will. I have this attitude toward all businesses. If you turn your backs on gun owners then change your mind screw you. I ain't coming back. If a company decides that politics is more important than business then they must live with that. I just hope more gun owners feel the same way. Push us away then change your mind and welcome us back? I don't think so.

TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin

That being said, I have never used that service and now never will. I have this attitude toward all businesses. If you turn your backs on gun owners then change your mind screw you. I ain't coming back. If a company decides that politics is more important than business then they must live with that. I just hope more gun owners feel the same way. Push us away then change your mind and welcome us back? I don't think so.

And you nailed it! Even if the lose customers for life, they need to be
    told why.

CyTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Cypress, Texas
    Just another means of Gun Control...regardless of the reason they claim. Makes me sick to see companies do this...and even more ill when they change their mind down the road and their lights are still on 6 months later.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Here is my question, to what end? Are we trying to keep the Groupon service going? Why do we care? If they take gun deals back are they our friends again? I don't think so. Let them learn not to turn their backs on gun owners. Are you really going to support them if they allow us back? They have proven their allegiance. Let them live with it. Or die with it. They have proven that politics is more important than business and I hope they suffer for it.

The real force that we are up against are the mass of other consumers. Its more likely that there are far more soccer mommies in this wor;d that use services like these. Since their husbands have no clue or interest in where she got there "deal" why would he care. But for her, if gets wind that Groupon. or any other like service, is associated to a scary gun business, Groupon "could" potential lose a larger mass of customers. For companies like Groupon it is a good business decision right or wrong.

Of course these groups (soccer mommies, libtards, etc) are most driven by TV shows like CNN. Follow the path of money and that is where the blame lies.

TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin
    Of course these groups (soccer mommies, libtards, etc) are most driven by TV shows like CNN. Follow the path of money and that is where the blame lies.

Go to local gun shops at lunch. Lots of white women voters buying. Way more than
    usual. A good sign.

wralyn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    The real force that we are up against are the mass of other consumers. Its more likely that there are far more soccer mommies in this wor;d that use services like these. Since their husbands have no clue or interest in where she got there "deal" why would he care. But for her, if gets wind that Groupon. or any other like service, is associated to a scary gun business, Groupon "could" potential lose a larger mass of customers. For companies like Groupon it is a good business decision right or wrong.

I'm no soccer mommy or libtard, but I have purchased a few Groupons over the years and have never been disappointed with any of them. I have contacted them through their website and unsubscribed from their emails and have no intention to do business with them unless they correct their path. I disagree with Dawico that they should be forever banned. I try to teach my children that everyone makes mistakes and it is how you respond to those mistakes that determine who you are. I believe Groupon has made a mistake. If they correct it, I will be happy to reward them again with my business. If I don't, then they have no reason to change.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    This is a copy of the email I received when I cancelled my Groupon account and sent them a scathing letter...

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your feedback and take these inquiries seriously.

Due to customer feedback such as yours, gun-related deals -- including shooting ranges, conceal-and-carry, and clay shooting -- are on hiatus as we review our internal policies for the types of deals that we feature. Groupon has always aimed to offer deals driven by local consumer preference and request; at this time, enough consumers have asked us to eliminate the category that we believe a review is warranted. A decision has not yet been made.

Thank you again for contacting us and please let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Regards,
    Daniel B
    Groupon Customer Support

Yeah, Daniel B, I'll tell you what you can do for me... tell your company to grow some balls and respect our rights. We have long memories...

Top Bottom