• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    So I went down to the FW Gunshow, picked up a fantastic deal on an XDm and an XD9SC. Paid for both, and the lady on the phone says NICS puts me on Delayed status.

WTF?? I just bought a 1911 not 6 months ago with no issue. Not happy one bit....
    Hurley's Gold

high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    Well the Delay went to a Deny. I just started my appeal process today. I still don't get it. I just bought a gun 6 months ago and have two non-resident CHLs.

Hell I bought guns in CA, one of the worst for gun rights....

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    They never denied me, a Pakistani, when I was 19 and went to go buy an AK, yet they denied you? Must be the whole new "White is the new terrorist" fad

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Keep us posted as to their reasoning for the denial - especially if it's some "rule" they have, that they suddenly have decided to start enforcing. Given your earlier comments (assuming that's the whole story), I agree with jgalvanatx, it's most likely a paperwork foulup or identity problem of some kind.

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    The idiot calling in your nics porobably told your ss# wrong, or they had a typo somwhere, I dont think they tell you why you were denied, I think its more on par with that emperor on "Gladiator" with the thumb out sideways, and summarily twists it up or down depending on the mood theyre in at the time. Same thing happened to somone I know, found out later it was because his ex had filed a restraining order on him unprovoked.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The idiot calling in your nics porobably told your ss# wrong, or they had a typo somwhere,

Why is a person who calls in the NICS an idiot? They could be a lot smarter than you. Why the need to do that?

I dont think they tell you why you were denied, I think its more on par with that emperor on "Gladiator" with the thumb out sideways, and summarily twists it up or down depending on the mood theyre in at the time. Same thing happened to somone I know, found out later it was because his ex had filed a restraining order on him unprovoked.

FBI runs NICS. There is no "mood". Mistakes do happen, but they can be corrected.

high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    Well I faxed in the appeal and request for reason for denial. They have to get back to me within 5 days. I have a sneaking suspicion as to what it might be. my now dead BIL has been arrested a lot and did some time. I think at some point he might have given the cops my name, as we had a similar build. When I was in the background phase for my NV permit, they called and asked if I knew so and so, and I told the lady on the phone "Yeah that is my asshole brother in law". She chuckled and OK. Didn't say why she asked.

I am signed up to take my TX CHL class in a couple weeks, so hopefully I won't have to go through this again.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The idiot calling in your nics porobably told your ss# wrong, or they had a typo somwhere, I dont think they tell you why you were denied, I think its more on par with that emperor on "Gladiator" with the thumb out sideways, and summarily twists it up or down depending on the mood theyre in at the time. Same thing happened to somone I know, found out later it was because his ex had filed a restraining order on him unprovoked.

Why is a person who calls in the NICS an idiot? They could be a lot smarter than you. Why the need to do that?

I find it more amusing that he called someone else an "idiot" but had five incorrect/misspelled words and an acronym that wasn't capitalized in his post!

People make mistakes, as you so clearly and aptly demonstrated!
    I'd be a bit less quick to cast stones if I were you!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I find it more amusing that he called someone else an "idiot" but had five incorrect/misspelled words and an acronym that wasn't capitalized in his post!

As Stevie Ray Vaughn sings "That's a cold shot, baby!" Low blow................. going for the 'nads!.............snicker.

Flash

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall

People make mistakes, as you so clearly and aptly demonstrated!
    I'd be a bit less quick to cast stones if I were you!

Well, Prof. Asshole, I bet you're glad I'm not running your N.I.C.S, as I might misspell your name as I've done above... Were you the one I was referring to as an idiot in my post? How is it you get so up in arms? Is it illogical to assume that there might be an idiot working for the government? Lighten up dude.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, Prof. Asshole, I bet you're glad I'm not running your N.I.C.S, as I might misspell your name as I've done above... Were you the one I was referring to as an idiot in my post? How is it you get so up in arms? Is it illogical to assume that there might be an idiot working for the government? Lighten up dude.

Lighten up? I'm not the one insulting people all over the place. Nor am I the one criticizing others for making spelling mistakes while making numerous ones myself.

Maybe you need to take your own advice, you're the one that's wrong here. I'm simply pointing it out. Grow up and accept some responsibility for your actions...

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Ooohhhh!! Im telling!!! You can't follow the rules!! Sig_fiend said no more bickering... You're gonna be in big trouble mister!!! :toungeout:

And sig, he started it!...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well the Delay went to a Deny. I just started my appeal process today. I still don't get it. I just bought a gun 6 months ago and have two non-resident CHLs.

Hell I bought guns in CA, one of the worst for gun rights....

That sucks. Clearly this is an error since you would know if you are disqualified. Texas CHL is expensive but bypassing NICS sure is great!

Top Bottom