• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Or maybe he wanted to get your number and hoped you were into guys in uniform ;)

coffeescreen.gif

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    LOL. Our agency does fingerprint for residents. Maybe just gauging if you were in his jurisdiction. I too ask folks where they live when guns come into the conversation. I like talking to gun addicts too.

high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    Well sorry I am late to update but I got my appeal back from the DOJ and everything is kosher. I went and picked up my pistols that same day. S.A.W. Inc even rewrote the receipt to show the pickup day so I could take advantage of the free mag offer from Springfield. I also had them start a VAF file so I can get a unique PIN.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Well sorry I am late to update but I got my appeal back from the DOJ and everything is kosher. I went and picked up my pistols that same day. S.A.W. Inc even rewrote the receipt to show the pickup day so I could take advantage of the free mag offer from Springfield. I also had them start a VAF file so I can get a unique PIN.

That's good. Getting a CHL next?

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Gunstore owners/workers perk up quite a bit if they know their buyer is a CHL too, I dont think they like people getting delayed or any of that other crap anymore than we do.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    I am not trying to pick old scabs here...but I am just telling you an experience I had about 2 months ago when i was delayed.

I was in the amrket for a youth rifle for my son to plink with at the range. I went to a local pawn shop where they all know me pretty well (have bought quite a few firearms there). Anyways, we find a nice little Rossi single shot that he likes, so I go about filling out my paperwork and I KNOW I DID NOT MESS ANYTHING UP! I have filled so many forms out, and print so clearly sometimes you may think I typed it. Well....turns out I was delayed. Ok, no biggy..I come here, vent some steam..and go on and am able to pick up aboout about 4 days later when they call.

Jump up about 3 weeks later...I go browsing what they might have and make an off-hand remark to the guy I usually deal with about how i was delayed the last time. Well, turns out that the woman who called in my form didn't know how to read or write english. Of all of the guns I had bought previously from this place (about 6) it was always one of 2 people that always called in for me. This one time this new lady did and I was delayed. She was fired as I understand. They eventually found out that not only was she an illegal from Mexico, she had a false S.S. number, and other illegal documents, and to add insult to injury, it seems that this happened on a constant basis when she called in for anyone who had purchased. Mine was not an isolated incident. So, my thoughts on this are that yes, there are idiots that can mess up on the NICS check, and they can cause you to be either delayed or denied...
    Again, i stress...not trying to pick scabs here...just my 0.02

Top Bottom