• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I keep all boxes for my personal firearms......but most people don't......

It's like throwing money in the trash, imho....

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I keep them.
    And all paperwork, lock; etc that came with the gun.
    Sometimes the long gun boxes are pretty beat up when they come in. I have trashed those.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I keep them along with any accessories and manuals, and they go to the new owner if I sell one. I like to believe that it increases the perceived value of the firearm for the buyer. I know it does for me when I am a buyer.

Yep, except I don't sell any.
    I have a plastic "footlocker" that I keep them in, of course they have overflowed into my ammo closet.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I trashed the cardboard box my DPMS came in because I bought a plastic box of the kind they used to come in. Like this one:

Mhj5iOy.jpg

All the other boxes, I still have. Only two of them are cardboard, Kimber and Remington. The rest are all plastic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was referring to the factory box that is frequently, but not always, shipped inside another box.

I meant those. I never keep them. I too, enjoy that new in the box feeling. The decorations and or the pictures on the outside. That factory oiled and test fired smell with that neat single cartridge casing to show it was fired. The box is one of the coolest parts about buying a new firearm. Like a fresh pretty girlfriend that ends up doing nothing but taking up space.

I move on and throw it away. I keep the owners manual and the trigger guard lock. Everything thing is tossed.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I keep ‘em too. Stored in the attic. Usually put the original receipt in the box along with any recall notices I become aware of (fortunately that doesn’t happen often). It will provide good background info for my son who will inherit them.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    90% of folks who trade guns with us have no box......if you think they don't have value.....

Look at what some of those boxes are selling for.....especially Colt, Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer ect....

Even junk guns can have extra value with the box....my little Clerke First revolver is pot metal junk.......but in the box with the paperwork....actually worth quite a bit more.....

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    90% of folks who trade guns with us have no box......if you think they don't have value.....

Look at what some of those boxes are selling for.....especially Colt, Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer ect....

Even junk guns can have extra value with the box....my little Clerke First revolver is pot metal junk.......but in the box with the paperwork....actually worth quite a bit more.....
    How much is the clerke first worth, with the box?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I generally keep them until I get sick of looking at them. I will cut off the side with the model and serial and keep that, along with any extras. If they come with a plastic case, I will keep them.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I keep them all. I take the gun and mags, throw the camber flag in the box, and toss them in a big bin of other boxes.

I do have a few I acquired used with no box/case. I wouldn't mind eventually finding some correct boxes on ebay some time. Especially the old-ish ones

Sent from my SIG Sauer

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I still have my HK91 (1983) in the original box with foam insert. I think if I ever sold it, it might be easier to sell with the original box/paperwork all the stuff it came with??

It does not take up much room in the closet.

bob

Top Bottom