• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Anyone have experience with a local shop that does one of the coating systems (duracota, cerakote, etc.)? I'd prefer the South end of town if you know of one down here.
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    gun component coatings

Http://Acepowdercoatinggarland.com
    Ace powder coating uses both of the specific gun coating applicants u mentioned done all types of guns lots of different components! Imitated never duplicated! Since 1989! Mention this add on the forum get 10 percent off any powder ceramic high heat exhaust Coating includes duracoat and ceracoat.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Http://Acepowdercoatinggarland.com
    Ace powder coating uses both of the specific gun coating applicants u mentioned done all types of guns lots of different components! Imitated never duplicated! Since 1989! Mention this add on the forum get 10 percent off any powder ceramic high heat exhaust Coating includes duracoat and ceracoat.

Welcome to TGT. Careful about advertising if you're not a sponsor, but thanks for the info. I get through Garland every once in a while, but you're a few days too late for me. I dropped mine off at a place in Midlothian. If Momma's not happy with it when it comes back, I may be in touch.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I ended up using Texas Hydrocoating in Midlothian. The wife chose a pink snakeskin design and had her I phone case done to match.

53 (2).jpg

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Pistol coating is doing fine. I phone case broke when she dropped it. Coating on the I phone case held up better than the case did when it was dropped.

The coating is protected by a clear coat, so it holds up about as well as car paint does. The guys at the shop had some stuff coated without the clear coat and it held up well too. Not something you could wipe off or scratch off with a fingernail.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Houston Armory in Stafford has one of my slides for cerakote right now. Their guy has turned out some very sexy SBRs. I'm getting a corvette yellow shadow skull pattern done to my .22lr slide. (making it very clear that the pistol is not configured for carry.)

They are on Murphy off 59. My quote was $75. That was $50 for the first color and $25 for the second.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I finally said screw it and bought the stuff to do duracoat and cerakote.

pe4uhapy.jpg

This was my first duracoat project.

Good deal. Post up your address now so we can all come over with our projects
    grin-0003.gif

CRozek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Dallas
    Ahahaha nice! I hear that duracoat specifically can get crappy if you don't follow the directions to a t.

Top Bottom