Lynx Defense

Gun collection sale and I wish I had more money!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So there's an estate sale going on down the road from me this weekend and I just saw a list of the gun collection going up for sale and wish I had the money to scoop up a bunch of these if they go for a good price. Just to name a few there is a Webley Mark VI, a few Mosins to include an M-38 and an M-44, Carl Gustaf 1908 M-96, Lee Enfield 1917 .303, and a Mauser K98. The list includes over 30 guns, old Indian sport bikes, a 70's Camaro, and a huge coin collection but all I really care about is the guns. Hopefully I can pick up a few of them at good prices but there's no way I can afford all of the ones I want. Lol, damn the luck...
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Be sure to check the "Blue Book of Gun Values" before you make a bid.

No revolvers or pistols?

So there's an estate sale going on down the road from me this weekend and I just saw a list of the gun collection going up for sale and wish I had the money to scoop up a bunch of these if they go for a good price. Just to name a few there is a Webley Mark VI, a few Mosins to include an M-38 and an M-44, Carl Gustaf 1908 M-96, Lee Enfield 1917 .303, and a Mauser K98. The list includes over 30 guns, old Indian sport bikes, a 70's Camaro, and a huge coin collection but all I really care about is the guns. Hopefully I can pick up a few of them at good prices but there's no way I can afford all of the ones I want. Lol, damn the luck...

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    It's in a little town called van vleck which is pretty much a blip on hwy 35. The webley is the only handgun I listed but there were several others. Most of the handguns were black powder I believe. Quite a few muzzleloader rifles as well but I'm not really as interested in those.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Just thought I would update you guys on how the auction went. It ended up being a total waste of my time as they all went too high and some of the guns there actually went for double their value new for whatever reason! People never cease to amaze me. Standard 91/30 Mosins were going for close to $250, a Norinco SKS went for $450, some shitty AMT .40 S&W pistol went for nearly $600, and a Rossi .38 Special went for $560. I ended up walking away empty handed but did get some good laughs along with a few other people who knew the actual values of some of the guns there.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just curious, were they sold as a "private sale" or did they run checks?
    Maybe people were willing to pay a premium if they were not checking, as in only way to purchase???

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    They were taking the guns inside and requiring TX drivers licenses before completing the sales but I don't know if they were running actual checks or not. I actually wondered if that might be part of the reason for the premium prices.

The guy was a truck driver for 60 years and would buy stuff in towns he passed through apparently.

Top Bottom