Gun Control is Racist

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texas1911, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    racist.gif

When are we going to start the reality campaign?

I think banners like the above, and some of the others I've seen, really drive home a message that sticks.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Has more to do with having our own sensationalist bullshit indoctrination :tongueout:

Gun control is not going to affect the KKK, Crips, or Bloods, btw.

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Is that one of Oleg Volk's posters?

4. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    [​IMG]

5. snscott

snscott New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Great Republic Of Texas
    I think you guys mis-read the poster. The idea is that the original reason that white politicians promoted and passed gun control was not an attempt to disarm the KKK. It was a racist policy meant to deprive Blacks of the ability to defend themselves.

6. 95P38RR

95P38RR New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Midland
    I certianly hope that gun stores will sell to a black person if they pass the background check.

But I won't blame a gun store for not wanting to sell a gun to someone that goes in the store dressed as a gangster with his doo rag on his head and pants hanging down to his knees.

My friend Jay bought a Taurus 24/7 and the people in line at Academy before him were some mexicans that were looking for the smallest, cheapest gun Academy had. It was a little .22LR revolver that held 5 shots for less than $200. I guess it'd be good if you were a hooker but aren't gangsters supposed to carry a nine?***

They were using that revolver as if it were a toy and pointing it at each other and practicing quick draws from their pockets. The salesman asked for it back and they gave it back he locked it up and continued to help my friend. The other guys started wondering why he began to ignore them.

(this was about 30 minutes before close that night)

"Hey white boy, why don't you sell me that gun?"

"You mispelled a word on your background check and I'm not supposed to do corrections, come back another time"

"You just don't wanna sell to me 'cuz I'm mexican and with my home boyz"

"No, I don't want to break federal law"

"You're selling to that white boy!?!?"

"He knows how to do a background check"

"F*ck you I'm leaving, I'll meet you in the parking lot and f*ck you up!"

So the salesman called the police and I'm not sure what happened after that.

7. Floyd_Droid

Floyd_Droid Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX

IMO: This is ONE of the dumbest ad banners I've seen.

People in general, or all races, should stop fabricating crap to use as a CRUTCH. Truth is we are all a little bit racist, but it don't mean that we should blame all the other races because of issues we have with our own, calling THEM racist.

Bill Cosby said it right and gave a moral slap in the face to his own race. Did that stop things? Nope, they labeled him a traitor to his own race.
    Here is just a part:

"Now, look, I’m telling you. It’s not what they’re doing to us. It’s what we’re not doing. 50 percent drop out. Look, we’re raising our own ingrown immigrants. These people are fighting hard to be ignorant. There’s no English being spoken, and they’re walking and they’re angry. Oh God, they’re angry and they have pistols and they shoot and they do stupid things. And after they kill somebody, they don’t have a plan. Just murder somebody. Boom. Over what? A pizza? And then run to the poor cousin’s house.
    They sit there and the cousin says, “What are you doing here?”
    “I just killed somebody, man.”
    “What?”
    “I just killed somebody; I’ve got to stay here.”
    “No, you don’t.”
    “Well, give me some money, I’ll go….”
    “Where are you going?”
    “North Carolina.”
    Everybody wanted to go to North Carolina. But the police know where you’re going because your cousin has a record."

You can read the whole thing here -----> American Rhetoric: Bill Cosby - Address at the NAACP's Commemoration of the 50th of Brown v. Board of Education

8. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Regardless of the original intention of gun control, I think we can all agree on one thing. Gun control these days is clearly colorblind and seeks to make ALL of us defenseless, regardless of race. We all need to band together, regardless of race, to defeat this damn gun control as far as I'm concerned.

9. lunchbox

lunchbox Member

Apr 12, 2008
    :happy0001:

i will go with that

10. a44mag4dave

a44mag4dave Member

Criminal Control not Gun Control

I don't think stiffer gun control is ever going to solve the problem. A criminal usually has a gun or can get a gun illegally anyway. What needs to be improved on is making laws to punish the criminal harsher if a gun is used in the crime. Pass some laws to better control criminals. Guns, are they really that out of control, I don’t think so. :2cents: