• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRoberts

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a broken .22 bolt action rifle and Daisey BB gun that I want to dispose of. I certainly don't want to throw them in the trash. Any suggestions on how to safely get rid of them??
    :patriot:
    Hurley's Gold

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Just a guess but if you can't sell them you can always cut them in half at the breach with a hack saw sawsall or angle grinder etc and throw them in the trash.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Should be easy enough to find someone in your area to give them to. Otherwise, chop them up and put 'em in the garbage a couple pieces at a time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems like it wouldn't be to hard to find a home for a gun even if it's broken, is it completly beyond repair. I wouldn't worry to much about the daisy, should be able to put it down with a hammer.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    If you dont want to give them away then recycle them. No reason to fill up the land dumps any worse than what they are now.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    I've got a few like that, I just use them for "bait guns": leave 'em outside the safe, if you get hit there's a chance they'll just grab what's outside and beat it, rather than spending the time trying to chop into the safe... Around here most of the burglaries are just "whatever they can carry in one trip": They're welcome to a gun that doesn't work in that case..

RRoberts

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    San Antonio
    Lot's of great suggestions. Thanks. I haven't heard of a buy back in San Antonio and I'd rather donate them to someone that could use them as a project.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I found a ruger 10/22 in a dumpster one time. It had the butt stock chopped off and taped up with a hack job done on the barrel probably 10 inches of barrel left. I let the cops have that one didn't touch it just called and waited for a cop to show up, probably some gang member drive by gun.

Top Bottom