• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    My wife is pregnant and shes still smart!!! She wants to carry so i told her pick out a gun, shes shot my .45 colt, really likes it but says its a brick, so shes gonna go with either a XD9 sc or a PT145, i have a XD40 non sc, and a pt111 (1st gen), shes shot another .40 and she hates the snap. she likes the feel of both of mine, but she hasnt shot them yet... She handles the 45 good, but it still kicks her, heck it even kicks me.

So she wants to know what do yall think, a XD9, or PT145

i say go with the XD9 due to the grip safety and trigger safety and pin block, all the PT has is just a flip safety. She will carry IWB sometimes, but most of the time it will be a purse gun.

she custom makes purses with wire in the handles and holsters inside to fit that gun, they turn out pretty cool, i just wish she would get into leather
    Hurley's Gold

4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    she dont sell them yet, heres one she made out of a old BDU, on the inside front is where she straps holsters to. Picture 022..jpg Picture 018..jpg Picture 023..jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I am kind of brand myopic when it comes to taurus. I don't like them.

That aside, some people have had some really good experiences with them.

As to the safety, having three safeties isn't going to make a gun any more safe than having none, as long as the gun is in a proper holster. A lot of people really don't like the purse weapon idea because of possiblity of getting it lost/stolen, but if is what you have to do, then do it.

So I guess I vote for the XD.

Kudo's for the costum purse holsters. We'd like to see some pictures.

: )

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Whatever she shoots best and is most comfortable carrying.

When will we see people asking which is best for a guy to carry? People are people and handguns are handguns. No matter what the sex of the person carrying, the answer of "what to carry" is always the same: Whatever they shoot best and are most comfortable with.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    We had the same delima, wife really liked the way my XD-40 fit, but it was just a little too big. Went to some gun shows/shops, handled different makes/models, and she kept going back to the XD's. She finally found a "perfect fit" in her opinion, and so she carries the XD-9 SC. She also carries (on occasion) my Kel-Tec P32 when she switches handbags to one of her smaller "girly bags". Just food for thought. Oh, and the XD-9 SC is a nail driver, no loss of accuracy for a 3" barrel at all.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Mine carries an old Colt Mdl 37 "Chiefs Special" she really likes. She has a .357 Combat Magnum in her nightstand, and a Kimber Pro CDP w/slim grips for an option....she likes options. ;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    People are people and handguns are handguns. No matter what the sex of the person carrying, the answer of "what to carry" is always the same: Whatever they shoot best and are most comfortable with.
    I thought the same thing when I read the title. Unless you're talking about a boob holster or something I don't see any difference between carrying for a guy or a girl. Out of the guns listed, I'd say the XD would be my favorite. Be sure to let her check out the M&P as well.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not necessarily so...we see those honkin' big duffle bags our wives call purses, and think they've got lots of room....they'll disagree. Most of us carry in a pocket or under a shirt - our wives would whup our tails if we suggest they do the same. Just as a big guy might carry something different than a small one, our wimmen folk will each have their own specific likes/dislikes. Me, I don't care - I figger it's a good excuse ta buy another gun!<G>

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You're right, carry method is obviously going to dictate to a degree. So I guess I should have said "as much gun as she's comfortable shooting, carrying and is most proficient with."

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Whatever she shoots best and is most comfortable carrying.

When will we see people asking which is best for a guy to carry? People are people and handguns are handguns. No matter what the sex of the person carrying, the answer of "what to carry" is always the same: Whatever they shoot best and are most comfortable with.

+1...Very good point.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There is none. No one makes a gun out of diamond that shoots out money. ;) I'm kidding of course

Ah took out the "kidding" claim an' showed yer post ta the better half. She wants ta know if ya want her ta shoot ya with her Luger, .357, .38, .45 or .44 mag....

Ah jest wanna be in yer will.<snark!>

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Not necessarily so...we see those honkin' big duffle bags our wives call purses, and think they've got lots of room....they'll disagree. Most of us carry in a pocket or under a shirt - our wives would whup our tails if we suggest they do the same. Just as a big guy might carry something different than a small one, our wimmen folk will each have their own specific likes/dislikes. Me, I don't care - I figger it's a good excuse ta buy another gun!<G>

Thanks for the warning. I have a lot to learn about women.

Top Bottom