• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This law was made because of the governments fear of a revolution by communists after the first world war when the sympathy for Communism was growing in our country. ever since it is impossible to own a gun without having a permit and following the extremely crazy rules.
    I think it's important to note that restricting people's rights in order to stop whatever the current boogie man is does nothing but restrict the rights of "ordinary" folks. Bad people will find ways to do bad things no matter what.

The reality is that the people in power just used the communists as an excuse. They are really afraid of good people rising up. The elite in Europe have had this attitude since the middle ages. Before guns were in popular existence, it was illegal for regular citizens to own and carry swords as well. Sometimes it was possible to get around the laws with something that was legally just a large knife (messer) or stabby devices that didn't meet the technical definition of a blade. Kind of like how cap and ball revolvers are exempt from most of our stupid laws.

Nio, are those gun clubs private or state run? Can you shoot on your own property? Are there private clubs with closed memberships?

Last edited:

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    I don't now about the laws over there, but if it's easyer to buy I one in those countrys I would defenetly drive to there

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    The gun clubs are private and not state run as far as I know.
    It is not allowed to shoot on your own property. But I have familyThat live remote so technicaly That would be possible to practice without interverence of the law.
    Yes the clubs have closed membership.
    It is impossible to just go to a club to de Some shooting.

I think it's important to note that restricting people's rights in order to stop whatever the current boogie man is does nothing but restrict the rights of "ordinary" folks. Bad people will find ways to do bad things no matter what.

The reality is that the people in power just used the communists as an excuse. They are really afraid of good people rising up. The elite in Europe have had this attitude since the middle ages. Before guns were in popular existence, it was illegal for regular citizens to own and carry swords as well. Sometimes it was possible to get around the laws with something that was legally just a large knife (messer) or stabby devices that didn't meet the technical definition of a blade. Kind of like how cap and ball revolvers are exempt from most of our stupid laws.

Nio, are those gun clubs private or state run? Can you shoot on your own property? Are there private clubs with closed memberships?

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Probably banned entirely, even Russia bans Silencers.

Norway, Finland, and Switzerland have the most lax gun control laws in Europe. Bosnia (technically Asia) is also quite lax, but that's a much further drive from Holland than the others.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Probably banned entirely, even Russia bans Silencers.

Norway, Finland, and Switzerland have the most lax gun control laws in Europe. Bosnia (technically Asia) is also quite lax, but that's a much further drive from Holland than the others.
    A surprising number of countries treat suppressors as basic safety equipment. Witness the thread on UK laws; there are plenty of moderators there. They are OTC items for the Finns. Elsewhere in the world, I believe something similar is true in Australia.

As for other countries in Europe, don't overlook the Czech Republic (where they really love their guns though they have some downright strange laws about ammo) and San Marino (where pretty much anything goes). And those are just legal-ownership countries. If we want to include places with lots of guns where the laws against them are universally ignored, look to Malta.

The private ownership of firearms is more common around the world than most people realize.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The gun clubs are private and not state run as far as I know.
    It is not allowed to shoot on your own property.
    Terrible about not being able to shoot on your own property. Good news sounds like the blubs are privately owned... Would it be possible to get 20 or so enthusiasts together and open a new club of your own?

If we want to include places with lots of guns where the laws against them are universally ignored, look to Malta.
    Laws ignored?!? The horror!!!

:laughing:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    A surprising number of countries treat suppressors as basic safety equipment. Witness the thread on UK laws; there are plenty of moderators there. They are OTC items for the Finns. Elsewhere in the world, I believe something similar is true in Australia.

As for other countries in Europe, don't overlook the Czech Republic (where they really love their guns though they have some downright strange laws about ammo) and San Marino (where pretty much anything goes). And those are just legal-ownership countries. If we want to include places with lots of guns where the laws against them are universally ignored, look to Malta.

The private ownership of firearms is more common around the world than most people realize.

Thanks Ben, this is why I asked.

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Thnx just want to let the rest of the world know how things are done in my country.
    I have great news by the way, I found a gunclub in my area that takes on new members februari the 5 I can start

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thnx just want to let the rest of the world know how things are done in my country.
    I have great news by the way, I found a gunclub in my area that takes on new members februari the 5 I can start
    That's good news!

Enjoy your time at the range.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Hello to all,

because of a request to post a threat of the gun laws used in my country (Holland), i will mention the crazy and over aged gun laws my country handles.

Since 1890 it is forbidden for civilians to carry any type of firearm on the streets. In 1919 this law expended by forbidding providing firearms to civilians but still didn't forbid owning a firearm when having the right papers. This law was made because of the governments fear of a revolution by communists after the first world war when the sympathy for Communism was growing in our country. ever since it is impossible to own a gun without having a permit and following the extremely crazy rules.

Some of these rules are:

- You have to be 18 to shoot a large caliber firearm
    - To become a member of a shooting range you have to get paper work from the police stating prove of good behavior
    - You then only can shoot with small caliber firearms under supervision for one year before you can request an legal permit.
    - You have to be an excepted member of a gun club
    - When you get a permit you have to make a minimal of 20 visits to the gun range a year or you will lose your permit.
    - Police can come at any time to see if you have stored your guns and ammunition separated and locked in a safe
    - When you don't meet up with of the points mentioned above you loose your permit and have to sell your guns A.S.A.P.

This means that when you are a firearm enthusiastic you have to travel once every two weeks to a gun range which most of them don't except new members because they are over-crowded. To shoot with small caliber firearms because large caliber 7 out of 10 times is not allowed. Also the average age at dutch gun clubs is over 60 making this also not a great place to be once every two weeks for younger people.
    A few years ago me and my wife went to the only local gun club to become members, and what did you ques did happen. For me it was no problem becoming a member but for my wife it was another deal. They did not except women as members and this was in 2010 WTF!!!!!
    So we left the gun club and never returned.

As a former soldier who has been on two tours to Bosnia I know what it is to have and handle a firearm in an secure and save way.
    so why can't I own a firearm in my country without kneeling to this un-normal rules.
    To me a firearm can provide safety to me, my family, and my community...........I just don't understand

Move to Texas and own, carry and shoot all of the guns you want.

bandook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Hello oohrah,

the only problem is that there are very view people having the same ideas about gun laws as myself. Therefore the will of changing these laws is not supported by the general public.

Talk to people. You may be surprised and find a few that share your enthusiasm. Even in a lefty place like San Francisco, there are many conservatives.

Top Bottom