TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    From Howard NEmerov:

Last week, fellow journalist Paul Valone told me that the Charlotte Marriott City Center took well into tens of thousands of dollars from Grass Roots North Carolina and their guests, and invited them in for their “Gala for Gun Rights” last Friday night during the NRA convention. Then, while the gala was in full swing, Marriott posted “no guns” signs at all the entrances, turning all who carried firearms into instant criminals, according to North Carolina law.
    Gun owner boycott of Marriott Hotels starting up
    http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m5d20-Gun-owner-boycott-of-Marriott-Hotels-starting-up

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I only consider a weapon "carried" if it is loaded and ready to shoot (otherwise known as "Condition 1")...and most of us cannot do that at gun shows...

Texas law does not differentiate between loaded and unloaded, so if you can legally carry unloaded, you can legally carry loaded.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I believe if the Marriott posted a sign banning guns after the event started and people were already in the building, they could not be held accountable by law. I'd say any lawyer fresh out of law school could handle that court case.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Unless they give verbal notice at the door, or written in the disclaimer that you sometimes sign, then it doesn't require the 30.06 sign.

I've never had either at a gun show.

That said, I've never brought a gun to a show (bought a couple though) and would probably respect their wishes anyway. Property rights are just as important as gun rights. It's their show, so I'll respect their rules. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right, after all.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    To me this is nitpicking, from gun owners. If it's a Gun Show, no carry.

Every Gun Show I attend there is a cop at the door. Always asks me if I "have a gun"? I always say "not on me".

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I'm of the opinion that if a Marriot property owner want's no guns on his property than gun owners should respect that property owners policy. Choosing to do business with that property or not is your right. A boycott is out of line.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom