• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    hi point aint a pimple on a glocks ass the only thing i would use a hi point for is a trotline weight, no offense to all you hi point owners.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Hi Points piss me off. I have handled a few, but never shot one. I hear they shoot just fine. What gets me is the looks. Did they try to make it as ugly as possible?

They are sinfully ugly, but they do work quite well. The potmetal they used somewhat dictated the design as far as wall thickness... but they more then made up for that shortcoming with their slippery, hard plastic grip!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Frankly, most guns don't piss me off. I may not like 'em, but they usually fit a niche for someone - and that's great. I've owned guns that I'd never consider today - but back then, it beat usin' a stick to defend myself an' family.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Travelling to states that don't let you carry, especially for several weeks in a row.

Do you hear me NY! Cali! Freakin' New Jersey! You piss me off!

Ok, much better now.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    The fact that nobody else shoots their guns.......

At least that's the impression you'd get looking at most classifieds for guns. I'm sure some of those guns have less than 100 rounds through em, but almost all ads say only (insert number less than 100) rounds through this gun. Come on....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The fact that nobody else shoots their guns.......

At least that's the impression you'd get looking at most classifieds for guns. I'm sure some of those guns have less than 100 rounds through em, but almost all ads say only (insert number less than 100) rounds through this gun. Come on....

You know how many people I run into at the range who are all "yeah, I've had this gun for three years and I shoot it a lot. I've probably put three whole boxes of ammo through it"?

Really? 150 rounds in three years?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You know how many people I run into at the range who are all "yeah, I've had this gun for three years and I shoot it a lot. I've probably put three whole boxes of ammo through it"?

Really? 150 rounds in three years?

Well.....we DID shoot 3-400 rounds at the last get-together - out of 8 .45's.<G>

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well.....we DID shoot 3-400 rounds at the last get-together - out of 8 .45's.<G>

Yeah, I talked to someone who said his pistol was "absolutely" reliable because he'd put three boxes through without any problems. I'm just barely getting to know a handgun at 150 rounds, and will say "so far, so good". It's not "trust it beyond a doubt" until after at least 500 without a problem.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Or gun stores that have reasonably priced guns, and charge 5+ times market value on ammo to snare the ignorant bastards and making all their money off of overpriced ammo... (yes, B&S, Im talking to you!!)

Wait... ignorant people are fucking ignorant!!!
    Ignorance is expensive!!
    Way to go B&S!! But, if someone who isn't ignorant comes in, you should have special pricing for them.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Hey, now. I know some people that have museum-grade stuff in their collections. I wouldn't be taking some of these out, either.

I have some of those but they need exercise every once in a while too. When SHTF and you need to use that safe queen you want to know how she likes to be handled.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And that is why I won't own anything like that. I'd have to shoot them. I am not worthy.

I'm not really a collector, either. Mine all get shot.

But I have to admit, the Finnish Mosin with hash marks in the stock ("all that hate's gonna burn you up, boy." :p) and the blood-soaked SKS out of Vietnam that I've seen are extremely awesome.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Guns that just sit in safes. Hello TXR. Yeah, I have some too.

Damn few of mine do - the Colt 100th Anniversary NRA Commemorative IS one of 'em - as for the others, well, yeah - they git shot! It's just that I've got 'nuff of 'em that I don't hafta worry 'bout wearin' 'em out.....yeah, THAT'S IT!!!

Top Bottom