• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    I work for Spark Firearms in San Antonio and we have been watching AR sales above all else. We are looking for a change. It's only been a week since the attack and we have had one Gun Show.

We have seen a small uptick in sales. A couple people came in and bought ARs saying they where going to buy one next month or so but thought they would do it right now. Normally we sell more handguns then rifles, but last week it was about even.

At the Liberty Gun Show last weekend in New Braunfels, we saw a small uptick in sales also. Foot traffic in the show was normal for that show. Not a lot of people. If there was a big run it would have been easy to see a lot more people in the show. I don't have the actual counts from the show promoter, but the amount of people was the same the month before and in the past. We did see more people buying rifles then normal. And a couple people bought 2 instead of one. A bunch of people where buying stripped lowers to hold. The uptick in sales wasn't enough for us to see a huge jump or enough for the shop owners to get excited over. This could have been a simple Father's Day uptick in sales, but I don't think so.

Conclusion: As of right now I don't think there is going to be a huge run up here in Texas. I don't doubt that another State in the Union will do what Colorado or New York did last time and those local areas will have a run up and shortage which could effect us a little, but I don't think it will be like finding PMags last time. I was planning on buying another rifle for training purposes and to train others on and will be buying the lower receiver today to start building that rifle. If I have the lower I can always build something later.

Other then that, not really worried about a huge run up or new laws right now. That could change as the week goes on since the House and Senate only want to talk about Gun Control. They gave in on the filibuster. So you never know what will happen in the dark of the night.

Stay Safe,
    Ben Branam
    Hurley's Gold

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Hopefully, a lot of people learned from Sandy Hook. I know I did. I didn't wait for the next mass murder, terrorist attack, or national election to start buying a little extra. Now I don't need to.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Seeing as how all four Senate Bills have already failed, there won't be anything unless his BOness decides to level an Exective Order on us, but if he does he kills Billary's chance of getting elected.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    how does that kill Hillerys chances ? The people voting for her are on the anti-gun side and any move to remove fire arms is a + to them.

Seeing as how all four Senate Bills have already failed, there won't be anything unless his BOness decides to level an Exective Order on us, but if he does he kills Billary's chance of getting elected.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    We will see. The democrats (today they don't deserve a capital letter) are doing a sit in in the house for gun control. Someone should arrest them. Hopefully that helps business for us and hopefully it helps people see really what is going on with our government. This is completely wrong.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Update from San Antonio:

We have seen the AR rifle sales stay up a little for us. People are buying the low end rifles. We still have a couple left and where able to get a couple more from our distributor.

Stripped lowers we are out of anything normal, and can't get anymore right now. We will see what happens. I bought one just to make sure I had one.

Magazines we haven't seen a run on yet, even-though I've seen reports in other states of runs on magazines.

Academy Sports and Outdoors sucks and I hope everyone has stopped shopping there until they regain their senses and want our business back. With no rifles on the shelves "out of respect for what happened" they can make people that don't buy guns happy. When they want to make me, their customer happy again, I'll go shop there again. They have offended me beyond what I will look away from.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom