• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Guys, remember this was aired on TruTV, previously known as CourtTV. While owned by Turner Broadcasting Company, keep in mind that when they started out they were only in the thing for ratings and only covered homicid trials and such. The "Star" is a pawn broker, pure and simple. and please keep in mind his business is getting the bottom dollar for each and every item that walks into his shop.
    My point here is that I think this shop owner was being low-balled maybe a little too much on things, although he may have been getting free publicity due to some sort of contract with the show, he still has a business to run, and a profit margin to manage, and employees to pay. Basically, maybe he felt the free publicity wasn't worth all the discounts he was being asked for and just got fed up. Hell, the "Star" to me looks like some back alley stolen jewelry dealer anyways trying to sell a fence. I usually don't try to judge a book by its cover, but since I saw this episode, I have always felt for the shop owner...please dont flame, this is just all my interpretation of the show and I am sure if we could all see the raw footage it would look alot different.

+1

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    He cuts him a deal on the pistols and then won't go down on the holsters. I bet the gun store owner closed his shop for 4-8 hours for filming plus taking a loss on the guns and between 4:00 and 4:30 he was pushed and belittled by mr pawn shop guy for half an hour. At 4:00 the gun store owners forehead is dry. In 30 seconds and 5 or so cutaways his face is red and covered in sweat. This is scripted. I don't know if the gun store owner is in on it but it's not the whole story.

You would think a pawn shop would have a FFL and they buy their guns thru a distributer???

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    Only one side of the story, Gold asking once (that we saw) about the holsters prompted a very strong response from the seller(owner?). There is no way that could be normal. We def missed some interesting stuff in the haggle for the guns I believe.

Could the seller handled himself better? Yes, but we all have our buttons.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    99% of the stuff on this show (and channel) is scripted, but the reaction looked genuine to me. If so I'd wager there was a lot of editing. I hate the show, but I at least have to give everyone involved respect for putting pro-2A concepts out there.

The guy owns a pawn shop. If he wants a deal on guns it makes you wonder why he doesn't just get an FFL, that way he can pay 25% value on every gun that comes through the door like every other pawn broker...

nitronate33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    whether or not it was scripted or half-scripted edited bogus reality tv like most shows these days, i can imagine that anyone in the pawn business has the potential to be a very annoying customer. haggling (i.e. low-balling) at a retail outlet is not common practice or very accepted in the U.S.

Top Bottom