Gun shops in Austin, or DFW

Dust

Nov 24, 2008
Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
Gonna be coming back from Japan in a few weeks, and wanted to get some while the getting was legal. Looking for a flattop AR in 16 or 20", and a Savage 10FP, Remy 700, Mossberg ATR, or Tikka T3 in .308. Willing to drive down to south Austin, and will be driving through DFW after Christmas. I think the gun shows will be a seller's market, so I was hoping to see what you guys suggested for shops. A shop with cheap FFL transfer fee would be nice too.

rrent

Oct 28, 2008
Many places are out of AR's ---here's a few to check all have websites --just Google the name and city/state

a small gun shop in Waco
Guns R Us

in Austin
McBrides
Sportsman's Finest

in Round Rock
Sportsman's Warehouse

in Cedar Park
The Gun Store

in Pflugerville (and South Austin)
Red's Indoor Range

in Buda
Cabelas

All over Texas
Academy Sports

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
Mc Brides has Tikkas, I have a T3 Lite in .308 and for the money I don't know if you can get a more accurate rifle.

Heritage is right around $20 for an FFL transfer I believe.

rrent

Oct 28, 2008
here's a guy in Round Rock --its probably been a year or so, but he's done the receive a gun and transfer to me thing for me several times ----$20.00

Advanced Armament
The Cutting Edge
113 E. Main
Round Rock, TX 78664
512-244-1175

dglockster

Jul 13, 2008
In Dallas, you can try
Bachman Pawn

Address:
2926 W Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75220, US
(214) 351-3628

SiNNiK

Mar 26, 2008
Austin, Tx.
Never heard of that one, and I'm reeeaall close to that area. As a result, I've been to Heritage Firearms several times and I swear by that store.

CDF

Dec 4, 2008
ATX
Dust-

I'm surprised nobody in Austin has mentioned this place yet. Part of me says to keep this under my hat (so I can suck up the best prices for myself) but these forums are about helping others out so here goes:

Try GT Distributors in N.Austin.
The last time I was over there, they had a wall of AR's available (around 3 weeks ago)- I think all Colts were spoken for but they had many MP15 and Bushmaster rifles and even a few of those MSAR AUG Clones. Even if you can't find an AR, the Savage and Remington should be easily obtainable there. Most of the time they have Rem700 department trades for a real good price and they stock Savage Rifles.
I can pretty much guarantee they have the cheapest prices on rifles and ammo in Austin (and even online in most cases)- I've shopped all the local stores.
Yes, the front door says you must be LEO, EMT, etc, but they will let us civvies in the door (I believe that is still the policy, but it helps to know the manager)- you will just be restricted from purchasing some of the items: badges, Glocks, 40mm grenades, red/blue lights, etc..

Heres the website for your viewing pleasure:
www.gtdist.com

Good luck in your search.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts