• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Mikewood & randy4bb; I appreciate you. 4 hrs travel, gas, tickets etc... I'll wait to see what other comments come in but may skip this one. Bonus is it'll give me more time to research prices on what I want.

I've been to GRB show once (don't remember who promoter was), thought it was pretty good size. Is HGCA show that much bigger/better?

bwdilli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    The promoter of the GRB shows is the same as this weekends show at Reliant. I'd anticipate roughly the same type show with mostly the same vendors. The show in October at Reliant will be put on by HGCA. It'll be roughly 4 times as big. That's the show you'll want to wait for.

HGCA does the show 3 times a year. Usually in January, May, and October.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Lame show this weekend, not very many dealers. However the tattoo show next door was worth the admission.

$20.00. Must have been quite a show. Sorry I missed it.
    Still it was fun standing in the "concourse" watching the gun guys, tattoo queens and home show biddies all glare at one another. :-)

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    We had a good show in SA this weekend.

$5 to park, and $8 for admit (or $7 if you had a coupon), and I made up for that in savings on ammo and magazines alone.

Time for some of you distant folk to check out the gun shows around these here parts, and try some authentic TEXMEX.

I've been to Houston for a gun show or two, and was not impressed.

Never broke even figurin' gas, parking, and admission. And, the prices were higher than retail.

Be well.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I assume (and we all know how that goes) that the October show allows for you to bring your own firearms for sale and trade?

Do you know of any shows that don't allow that????

The way you wrote it sounds like some don't.

For the HGCA Show, $18 is a good deal for what you get.

Ishtacka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Dickinson, Tx
    Do you know of any shows that don't allow that????

The way you wrote it sounds like some don't.

I would call myself ignorant to the gun show world. The two shows I've been to did allow firearms to be brought in. And as I read the rules I see that I can't bring my anti-government pamphlet laden wagon of firearms, but rather I must carry them myself.

"Gun Show Rules:
    Unacceptable Practices

• Taking photographs or video.
    • Sale of items from carts or wagons.
    • Display of anti-government materials.
    • Sale of food or drink."

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Rut roh. Looks like we gotta smart ass on our hands.
    Breathin' salty air 'ill do that to someone.

Seriously, I think you might be taking the rules a little out of context.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We went to one of the big HGCA shows a few years back, and once was enough. In addition to the four hour drive each way, parking was ridiculous ($10?!? YGTBSM!) and once we got thorugh the long line to get in, there wasn't a good deal to be had. I ended up picking up a basic Mosin 91/30 for just under a hundred bucks (about standard for that rifle) because I didn't want to drive another four hours home empty-handed!

I heard the HCGA show used to be the place to get deals, but not from my experience. I'll save my money and gas, sleep in and hit either the monthly SAXET show or the Premier Guns show every couple of months here in SA.

What tickles me the most is that people complain about the $2 parking and $5 entry fee for the SAXET show here. When they told me it was ten bucks to park in Houston, I was half tempted to turn around and leave!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ^ Yeah, but it's been $10 for 10-20 years, so they haven't raised the price in a while. Isn't that nice?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yes they did but I don't remember how long ago. I went to one show and wasn't impressed so they're not on my radar anymore. Just checked their website and no Houston shows are listed.

Top Bottom