gun show in Fort Worth this weekend

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by idleprocess, Mar 5, 2008.

1. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    High Caliber at Will Rogers 3/8 - 3/9.

http://www.highcalibergunshow.com/GSCode/LocDetails.asp?LocKey=2025

I vaguely remember that this is better than the Fort Worth Gun Show and Classic Shows...

I'll be looking for reloading consumables and tools anyway as opposed to the ARs, AKs, and Saiga-12s that I usually lust over.

2. HighVelocity

HighVelocity Member

Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    The High Caliber shows have been pretty good in my experience. However, you won't being buying any gunpowder at Will Rogers. The vendors are not allowed to bring it in there. Primers, brass, bullets yes. Powder no. Some goofy city ordinance or some other nonsense.

3. idleprocess

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Aw, crap. There's almost nowhere nearby that sells powder. Bass Pro seems to have eliminated their reloading section. Does Academy sell powder? Cabela's?

4. HighVelocity

HighVelocity Member

Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Yes, Cabelas sells powder and has a pretty good selection of reloading supplies. It's retail though.

5. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    powder

If you are in the DFW area, there is a place in Plano to check out. Gunmaster carries quite a bit of reloading supplies. See link below:

http://www.gunmasterinc.com/

6. idleprocess

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I vaguely remember driving by that place a few times... next to the Farm Store?

7. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Yes, that's the place. One of the guys is very knowledgable about reloading, plus, they carry quite a few reloading manuals. They have everything you need (well, maybe not everything YOU need....but they have a nice selection).

8. brainiac

brainiac Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    I'll be at Will Rogers today; looking for another good 1911 to buy without paperwork - I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to have a few more undocumented guns down the road in the worst-case scenario of far-left loons elected to power (or appointed to the supreme court).