• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

A friend proudly showed me the two "ROLEX" watches he had traded two nice Weatherby rifles with Leupold scopes for at a West Texas gun show. Hated to tell him, but the watches were $20 fakes.

Another time I saw a J P Sauer 12GA double gun at a show, for a "reasonable price". After considering seriously, my Guardian Angel told me to give the gun a good hard shake. It had been "shot loose" and was un-repairable. Having shot many high brass and short magnum shells through a J P Sauer without any peep, I still wonder how that once-fine gun had been damaged.

I have learned to ONLY buy firearms from trusted friends or my local Gun Shop.

"Caveat Emptor" !

leVieux
    Gun Zone Deals

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    The watch thing is a favorite of con artists. I have seen SElCO, ONEGA, WALTRAM, and yes ROlEX watches. In L.A. they buy the knock offs for $5.00 apiece, carry them inside a coat, and offer you a "great" deal on a watch, implying it may be "hot." I took several reports from people who bought "new," in box Televisions that were "hot," that turned out to be a "new" BOX, filled with bricks. Greed makes people vulnerable to this stuff, and not just at gun shows. If a price is "too good," you are probably getting taken.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Psssniper

Broke down south of Dallas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Corsicana
    The knock offs that would fool 98% of the people run $400-800 for the Submariners, Daytonas etc. They have replicated the Rolex movements now as well so opening the back to have a look requires a trained eye. The really cheap knock offs these days run about $80-$100 + These are so obvious that only an idiot would fall for them.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Thse watches said "ROLEX" and were nearly identical. But the second hand "ticked", and no real Rolex does that. Also, they were much lighter than my real ROLEX. leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The watch thing is a favorite of con artists. I have seen SElCO, ONEGA, WALTRAM, and yes ROlEX watches. In L.A. they buy the knock offs for $5.00 apiece, carry them inside a coat, and offer you a "great" deal on a watch, implying it may be "hot." I took several reports from people who bought "new," in box Televisions that were "hot," that turned out to be a "new" BOX, filled with bricks. Greed makes people vulnerable to this stuff, and not just at gun shows. If a price is "too good," you are probably getting taken.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    You mean like getting married ?

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Thse watches said "ROLEX" and were nearly identical. But the second hand "ticked", and no real Rolex does that. Also, they were much lighter than my real ROLEX. leVieux

LOL, I’ve got a pair of sub $100 “Rolex” watches with a second hand sweep so smooth you can’t tell. “High end” fakes run into the hundreds of dollars or even over a thousand, and sometimes even use some genuine parts. Look at what they’re selling at reptimeBST on Reddit or on dhgate.

Psssniper

Broke down south of Dallas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2020
    Corsicana
    The so called "tick" thing that many think differentiates real from fake is not a valid test. The typical Rolex these days has a 28,800 BPH which equates to 8 notches on the drive train per second giving the appearance of a "sweeping" second hand. Cheap quartz replicas on the other hand will tick, once per second. The ETA and the ETA replica movements all have high beat versions that give a sweeping second hand.

Top Bottom