• ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    gun show this weekend - google for the address

Ok, this post is from someone who thinks if you are going to do a public service announcement, you ought to put forth some minimal effort to help those you seek to inform.

The show is sponsored/promoted by Premier Gun Shows

It is being held at the same place that has hosted it for the last few times.
    https://www.google.com/maps/preview...2rQGao4HQAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg&source=newuser-ws

Legends Sports Complex
    602 Pruitt Road
    The Woodlands, TX 77381

Saturday 9 am – 5 pm
    Sunday 10 am – 4 pm

General Admission – $8, cash only
    Weekend Passes – $12, cash only
    Children UNDER 12 – Free
    Uniformed Peace Officers – Free

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ok, this post is from someone who thinks if you are going to do a public service announcement, you ought to put forth some minimal effort to help those you seek to inform.

The show is sponsored/promoted by Premier Gun Shows

It is being held at the same place that has hosted it for the last few times.
    https://www.google.com/maps/preview...2rQGao4HQAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg&source=newuser-ws

Legends Sports Complex
    602 Pruitt Road
    The Woodlands, TX 77381

Saturday 9 am – 5 pm
    Sunday 10 am – 4 pm

General Admission – $8, cash only
    Weekend Passes – $12, cash only
    Children UNDER 12 – Free
    Uniformed Peace Officers – Free
    just cos I feel like watching him fume.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    just cos I feel like watching him fume.

Nice
    clapping.gif

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    While we wait for the children to behave, let's go back and address the actual gun show that was the cause for this thread.

Went this morning. As usual for that location, there's not nearly enough parking. I did manage to park in the main lot, but that was mostly because it was raining and that seemed to slow people arriving. Wore my TGT shirt, but didn't run into any members.

The hall was pretty full with vendors, but I didn't see anything that was particularly unusual or a huge bargain. Lots of people selling ammo - big variations on prices for .22s (from "that's high" to "OMG, that's extremely high!"). One vendor had a pretty decent variety of reloading powders, but he couldn't get his credit card program working, so he was cash only, and not particularly cheap. Several vendors had primers and a couple had bulk bullets.

Saw some war surplus stuff - like holsters - that probably date back to the 1980s. That was a bit different.

I'll never understand some of the folks that have tables at gun shows. 10 minutes after the place opened, some looked like they were burnt out for the weekend. Some never looked at or spoke to anyone unless they absolutely had to. There are always a couple of groups of old guys that amuse themselves by talking to each other and acting like any potential customer is a rude interruption. At least 3 times I overheard people ask if there was any room for negotiation and got turned down flat. I can't fathom why you would bother to sell things at a show if you didn't have some room to work with the price. I'll bet half the vendors will go home Sunday night and whine about what an awful crowd they had this weekend, when the problem was on THEIR side of the booth.

Anyway, the show was ok. I bought a couple little things, but nothing of note.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    While we wait for the children to behave, let's go back and address the actual gun show that was the cause for this thread..

how coincidental is this, that I've got all but 3 of the above, uh, children on "Ignore" (rhetorical)

I've no intention of attending (don't "need" anything) but thought some might be interested and didn't know about it..

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    One vendor had a pretty decent variety of reloading powders.
    . At least 3 times I overheard people ask if there was any room for negotiation and got turned down flat. .
    Thanks for the review. Please name a couple powders and prices if you can remember.

Here's my take on the turn down to the negotiations. Not all vendors have a flea market buisness model. Many have low margin pricing. Customers assume products are marked up x% and offer x + 5% off asking price (yes below cost, with tax thrown in, using a credit card). Also, low ball offers first thing on saturday morning for popular items are particular entertaining. If customers want the best price, be realistic, have cash (don't expect a discount with your cabelas rewards card), don't lowball as this isn't a pawn shop for most new items.. Now it doesn't sound from your comment that the customers were low balling, they were only asking if there was wiggle room. I don't know, I wasn't there. If I'm shopping for an item, I sometimes ask too, unless I know the price is right. I'm just saying there's 2 sides to the coin so to speak.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    LOL, You gotta love the hypocrites on here.

They come off as all high and mighty, but ultimately show their true colors as they unfailing dive deeper than everyone else into the muck with their name calling.:roflsmile:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    how coincidental is this, that I've got all but 3 of the above, uh, children on "Ignore" (rhetorical)

I've no intention of attending (don't "need" anything) but thought some might be interested and didn't know about it..

And thanks to Acera, we found out what the thread was about.

Thanks buddy.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Thanks for the review. Please name a couple powders and prices if you can remember.

Here's my take on the turn down to the negotiations. Not all vendors have a flea market buisness model. Many have low margin pricing. Customers assume products are marked up x% and offer x + 5% off asking price (yes below cost, with tax thrown in, using a credit card). Also, low ball offers first thing on saturday morning for popular items are particular entertaining. If customers want the best price, be realistic, have cash (don't expect a discount with your cabelas rewards card), don't lowball as this isn't a pawn shop for most new items.. Now it doesn't sound from your comment that the customers were low balling, they were only asking if there was wiggle room. I don't know, I wasn't there. If I'm shopping for an item, I sometimes ask too, unless I know the price is right. I'm just saying there's 2 sides to the coin so to speak.

The guy with a good variety had quite a few powders: Varget, CFE-Pistol, CFE-223, H1000, 4064, H338, etc. I wanna say price was around $40.

As for my comments on negotiations, each time I heard the question, it was about wiggle-room or what-if-I-buy-more-than-one. I have no sympathy for those who try to low-ball everybody. These guys were working to negotiate on stuff that was used or had fairly high prices. I understand that if you're selling a brand-new rifle you may not have a lot of room to negotiate, or you may be selling them fast enough that you don't need to change the price. But when you bought a pistol for $300 and you're selling it for $600, you have some room.

Some vendors at gun shows just don't seem to have ANY people skills at all. They often seem very bitter - like it's the public's fault that your stuff didn't sell, but the guy in the next booth was moving product all day.

Top Bottom