• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    im about done with with gun shows. Same overpriced junk with prices that make you think "WTF are you smoking!"

I saw some police trade in Glock 22's and 23's (Gen 2s) that were priced very well, i may go back tomorrow to buy one... other than that i didn't see any deals that interested me and im interested in all types of guns, LOL.

I really was hoping to come across the Ruger LC9 and Springfield Range Officer and nada.
    Check Express Police Supply for used Glocks. I think they are running about $329
    Texas SOT

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I guess part of it is seeing all the gun stuff under one roof. I just bought 2 more slings on ebay for the same price I paid for one at today's gun show. Exact same sling.
    Oh well....live and learn.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    im about done with with gun shows. Same overpriced junk with prices that make you think "WTF are you smoking!"

I saw some police trade in Glock 22's and 23's (Gen 2s) that were priced very well, i may go back tomorrow to buy one... other than that i didn't see any deals that interested me and im interested in all types of guns, LOL.

I really was hoping to come across the Ruger LC9 and Springfield Range Officer and nada.
    Same impression here. Although it is a chuckle to see .380 Auto for sale now only one dollar more than at Wal Mart. Did not find the 8x57 ammo I was hoping to find.

Love's Guns had two Ruger LC9s for $427.00 each, but he sold both before 10:30 this morning. AJC had one still for sale on the table for $395.00 when I walked out the door.

Cabela's in Buda has the LC9 for every-day sale at 399 + tax.

Did you see that marvelous Magnum Research 1911 for $745.00?

The slide rides over the frame as if on ball bearings!

Be well.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I have never seen so much .50 stuff for sale. I thought the guy from Kansas with the miniature cannons was pretty neat, as was the old Gattling Gun. Only $350K mind you if you were really interested in buying it!

R

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    Are they still charging for parking at the SA Event Center?

I quit going because after paying for parking and the entrance fee I was saving anything and the items I wanted.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Are they still charging for parking at the SA Event Center?

I quit going because after paying for parking and the entrance fee I was saving anything and the items I wanted.

yes...they charge. an d no you dont really save much in most cases. I think most go for the carnival atmosphere and the ability to see so much stuff under one roof.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If you go with that attitude you wont be disappointed. If you go thinking its the place to get stuff cheap...you will be disappointed.

Yep, and if you get there a bit earlier you save the three bucks on parking (but spend it and more on breakfast, especially if you're feeding a 13-yr-old son! ).

I dunno......some folks won't deal - but most will. Just takes time an' patience. Either way, ah have fun!

Yeah, happened to us with the SAR-1 I bought yesterday. The price was ridiculously high, and the seller immediately started to drop it when he saw I was interested in the rifle. We ended up paying over $400 less than what he started with; and although I still didn't get the greatest deal in the world, I am very happy with the AK and that is more important!

My point is that the esteemed TRN is absolutely spot on in his comment about haggling. It won't work with everyone, but you would be surprised at what deals you can negotiate if you try. I guess I learned that from the masters, the 12-yr-old kids working the Afghan bazaars we used to go to in Kabul...

Cheers! M2

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    i almost picked up a .25 auto pocket pistol for 109 bucks not sure of the brand but it looked well made im gonna go back next month and get my GF a .22 boot gun saw a little pink one for like 89 bucks or so she got a kick out of it

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i almost picked up a .25 auto pocket pistol for 109 bucks not sure of the brand but it looked well made im gonna go back next month and get my GF a .22 boot gun saw a little pink one for like 89 bucks or so she got a kick out of it
    i would recommend you dont. save a little money and get a lot better gun. I promise, a gun that is $109 at the gun show is:
    1) not well made
    2) not worth $109

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    just looked them up look like cobra arms and they were way under priced at the gun show should have bought it they go for around 160 or so online and its just a gun i would put in my truck in the change holder

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    just looked them up look like cobra arms and they were way under priced at the gun show should have bought it they go for around 160 or so online and its just a gun i would put in my truck in the change holder
    ok...proceed at your own risk.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    if im in my truck and i need to pull a gun im pretty sure i could just drive off and or run the guy over

That begs the question, why do you need the gun in the first place?

But also what are you going to do if you're stuck in traffic, your truck breaks down, or any other situation where escape is not possible or you aren't able to run the guy over?

Just too many variables involved, I for one will not carry a firearm that I am not 100 convinced will work if needed. Nothing is absolute, but I sure as hell am going to do everything possible to keep the odds in my favor!

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    That begs the question, why do you need the gun in the first place?

But also what are you going to do if you're stuck in traffic, your truck breaks down, or any other situation where escape is not possible or you aren't able to run the guy over?

Just too many variables involved, I for one will not carry a firearm that I am not 100 convinced will work if needed. Nothing is absolute, but I sure as hell am going to do everything possible to keep the odds in my favor!
    very true! but if it is traffic i feel bad for the few guys in front of me 4lo and locked im gonna move some cars out of the way... but i still dont want to rely on any gun. i always look for a way out

Top Bottom