• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just heard on the radio that there is a gun show this weekend....in Ft. Lauderdale!
    But since I'm in Miami at the moment, I think I'll drive the 45 minutes tomorrow morning to go check it out.

Anyone wanna meet up at IHOP for breakfast beforehand?!?

Cheers! M2
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, I'm even more glad I live in Texas!

I drove over this show this morning, and it was a good ten minute wait in the heat and humidity to get in the place! I started to chat with they guy behind me, who was stationed in SA back in the early 60s, and he said this was a pretty good show so I got my hopes up. Well, that was a mistake; for the price of admission ($8, minus a buck because I had a "coupin!") I was out of there in less than an hour (and that's after walking the floor twice!).

For one, the prices were much higher; a standard WASR-10 was running (and I kid you not), $799! I wasn't really looking at pistols as there's no way I could buy one, but I saw several Romy AKs at this price. I didn't see a dang AK bayonet in the entire show, not even the bottom line Romanians; but there were a lot of people selling Concealed Handgun badges!

One the "plus" side I did see a lot of Russian bakelite magazines for both -47s and -74s; but the prices were on the high side as well ($60-75 apiece).

Overall, it was a waste of an hour-and-a-half's worth of driving, the six bucks to park in a vacant lot; and the seven dollar entry fee. I was almost tempted to take the FL CHL course they were offering ($45 for the three hour class), to see if I could get an out-of-state license; but I had to pick up two co-workers at the airport early this afternoon so I couldn't stay. Plus, I wasn't sure how many more states a FL CHL would allow me to carry in that my TX CHL isn't recognized.

Still, it was nice to see a different show. I would put this above a TGS show but well below a SAXET one if only due to the price to get in and the size of the floor. It was crowded but the odd thing was there were very few people carrying guns for individual sale. I saw maybe five people the show who appeared to be selling a firearm.

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom