• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Lets start our own... Anyone know anyone with a warehouse we could borrow? Start off small. Just advertise on here and by word of mouth. I'd even say have no cover charge, but that'd be up to the property owner if they wanted to charge "rent" I suppose. Or maybe we could have a "guy" version of a tupperware party? Everyone meet up at someone's house with their guns and gear for some trading?

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Lets start our own... Anyone know anyone with a warehouse we could borrow? Start off small. Just advertise on here and by word of mouth. I'd even say have no cover charge, but that'd be up to the property owner if they wanted to charge "rent" I suppose. Or maybe we could have a "guy" version of a tupperware party? Everyone meet up at someone's house with their guns and gear for some trading?

I'm up for the guy version of the tupperware party. Just a show and tell of arms. I'll host it for sure one weekend over the summer. I'll post a date. I've got a huge living room and a nice size tv that we could definitely make use of. Maybe could be an ongoing thing once the Texans start playing again.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yes the one in south austin is as bad as the north. Hmm not a bad idea.. Only problem is I dont sell firearms I buy them. I did say gun show.. So technically I could just show them off. lol. I still want a show in the old sportsman warehouse!!!

jarguello74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX

Sounds more like a Guy "Passion Party"
    Nothing but toys that give you joy!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is the south Austin show as piss poor as the one they had in North Austin?

Not only is it, but it is "hosted" by the same organization that caused all the problems in Austin in the first place!

Sorry, but it will be a cold day in hell before I go to another TGS-sponsored show!

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Not only is it, but it is "hosted" by the same organization that caused all the problems in Austin in the first place!

Sorry, but it will be a cold day in hell before I go to another TGS-sponsored show!

I can't speak to the quality of the show, but my understanding was that Saxet caused the problems, lost their lease, and then TGS caught the hell for it. Also, I am not sure that the problems were real or just the result of political correctness run amok.

twfnm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Austin
    Has anyone gone to the big show in Ft worth? Heard its a really big show and wanted to know if you can get a good deal on a glock 26?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I can't speak to the quality of the show, but my understanding was that Saxet caused the problems, lost their lease, and then TGS caught the hell for it. Also, I am not sure that the problems were real or just the result of political correctness run amok.

Nope, read the following thread to get a better idea of what really happened...

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/austin/12802-only-ffls-austin-shows.html

TGS sold out, and given that their Live Oak shows here in San Antonio are a ripoff as well, I have good reason for not wanting to go to any of their events...

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Anyone go to the Belton Show? There is one at the end of the month that I might head up to..Never been, so just wondering what to expect.

I'll be on the look out for a Springfield XDm 9...Really want to start shooting IDPA...Been itching for a while, so might as well jump in..

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I'm thinking about going to the Belton Show this weekend also. I hope that it will a good one! I plan on going on Saturday with the wife. I'll let you know how it is compared to the Texas and SAXET gun shows. I've got nothing to lose but a little gas and time! You other guys that are going I wish you the best of luck!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I may run up there, thought about doing the IDPA up that way, so stopping by the show would be an added bonus to the trip...

Top Bottom