• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Houston
    Can anyone tell me the average cost for a gun trust? I have a friend that was charged $450 for the trust and he was told over the phone by the lawyer it would cost $100.
    Guns International

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Quality for a gun trust? Aren't they all the same?

No, they are not. You are paying for an attorney to examine and discuss your needs, understand the state law governing trusts, understand the NFA and all that comes with it and draw up a legal document encompassing all of these things. Experience and attention to detail are going to play a big part. You are going to want someone with a good bit of references as you are depending on them to keep you from violating federal law.

Also, If you are paying anyone besides an attorney to draw up your trust, you are paying too much, no matter what the cost.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Quality for a gun trust? Aren't they all the same?

What you're paying for is the legal advice and education concerning who you want to be able to have custody of the items, what happens if you die, do you have kids or a spouse, how to add more NFA items to it, do you already have some estate planning, what your plans are for various other things, etc.

Sure you can draw something up yourself and probably get it through the process. You may screw yourself later on though if you get it wrong.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I guess I live under a rock, but what exactly is a 'gun trust'? It sounds as if it just duplicates a Last Will & Testament regarding a specific subset of property.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I guess I live under a rock, but what exactly is a 'gun trust'? It sounds as if it just duplicates a Last Will & Testament regarding a specific subset of property.

See Sean Cody's website, it explains everything...

Texas NFA Gun Trust

But the benefits are the best explanation...

Texas NFA Trusts Key Benefits

In a nutshell (and also stolen from Sean's website):

The NFA Trust is a trust that is tailored to ensure compliance with the National Firearms Act which regulates weapons that are known as Title II (or class III) firearms and chapter 46 of the Texas Penal Code. Title II (or Class III) weapons are machineguns, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, destructive devices and weapons classified as AOWs (Any Other Weapons).

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom