• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Found a channel that I didn't know we got...Pursuit Channel.....and saw them advertise Gunbiddler.com. Went on their website and it looks like a total scam to me. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of it?

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Its a penny auction site. Theyre good if you win but suck if you lose because it cost you each time you bid and no not just pennies.

Last edited:

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Pretty much what Rangerscott said. I haven't done it, personally, but based on what I see you want to be all in to win something. Get yourself a lot of bids and don't plan on stopping until you win. It's definitely a form of gambling. Seems cool, but I wouldn't end up doing it I don't think.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I think it's like a slot mocheen except you pay when you "win".

I really don't have a problem with the idea. But I'm not gonna be bidding...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That one is .60/bid. Resets the clock to 20 seconds at each bid once time gets low.

It could be a pretty expensive loss, especially if you try to stick it out and run out of the bid token things.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    And the winner paid what? 23.80 plus how ever many bids he put in times 60 cents?

From what I underetand, yes and losers are out what ever they bid. Auction company sleeps on bed made of money.

On that auction, you could bid 559 times and be even with the price in the kentucky gun link. You pretty much want to bid to win but if you go over its how much you care about that.

Last edited:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    And on some of the penny sites if they did not reach a certain amount from the costs of bids, the winner pays the winning price plus the difference. A friend of mine won a ring for around $3 on one of the sites and had to pay another $100 because "value was not met".

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    And on some of the penny sites if they did not reach a certain amount from the costs of bids, the winner pays the winning price plus the difference. A friend of mine won a ring for around $3 on one of the sites and had to pay another $100 because "value was not met".

Dumb question. Who sets the "value?"

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The "value" is normally just above retail. After the auction we went back and read the ToS section that they mentioned when he asked why he had to pay more than what he won it at.

Top Bottom