Join TexasGunTalk

Guns&Ammo steps in it.

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Moonpie, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Metcalf has divided by zero and written a pro anti-gun editorial in Guns&Ammo magazine.

Dick Metcalf

Guns & Ammo has been awful for years.
    Loved the magazine as a kid in the 70's.

2. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The mag has definitely lost it's luster over the years.

I read the article the other day and am surprised at Metcalf. I do believe we need some regulation but he does seem to think that more than we have now is okay. I think he is a tool and this article reaffirms that.

I have decided long ago to not renew my subscription.

3. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    They jumped the shark.

4. London

London The advocate's Devil. TGT Supporter

Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
  5. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I am almost tempted to register as a member, just to leave a sarcastic snotty response..... Not worth my time at all. Same reason i don't read the Daily RAG newspapers any longer. They just insult me.

6. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Metcalf was due to be replaced January 1 as editor of G&A. I believe he wrote that editorial as a parting shot to damage his publication, to sell out the Constitution and Bill of Rights and to strike a blow against millions of law abiding gun owners. He was fired immediately by his employer.

Here is that story:
    BREAKING: Guns & Ammo Fires Dick Metcalf for 2A Betrayal | The Truth About Guns

In this day & time, Liberals with deep pockets like Bloomberg are paying key people around the shooting sports arena to support his anti gun agenda. How could the crying, sniveling Sandy Hook parents take off, quit work to ride Bloomberg's anti gun bus around the country? There had to be considerable cash tendered. I suggest that others, like Metcalf may have been motivated with with cash, too.

A sell out is just that.....a sell out.

Flash

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  7. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011
    Completely uncalled for Roger. Enough so to lower my opinion of you which was good.

8. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Hard to disagree, though. Follow the money to find people dancing in the blood of children to further themselves.

9. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011
    Insulting grieving parents is uncalled for and does not support his position.

I trust you agree with that, too.

10. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Grief is one thing.

Dancing repeatedly...on the taxpayer's dime...with Dear Leader and the Leaderetts while coated in the blood of their kids is monstrous.

They were pulling a Trayvon's Mom...cashing in before the blood cooled.

Not all of them...not even most of them...but the ones that Dear Leader flew around the country to dance, dance, dance...monsters in human shells.