• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byousee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    This is just a curiosity of mine. I know the gun ownership situation or lack there of that Britain is in but I'm not to familiar with other nations firearms availability other than America. I know most nations that come to mind like in Europe and asia are gonna be nowhere near us, just look at the EU... What other nations if any enjoy firearm freedoms or avaliabilities like we do? If we are the best which I automatically assume, who is second? Small island nations to first world countries. Just been wondering. Thanks!
    DK Firearms

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    This is just a curiosity of mine. I know the gun ownership situation or lack there of that Britain is in but I'm not to familiar with other nations firearms availability other than America. I know most nations that come to mind like in Europe and asia are gonna be nowhere near us, just look at the EU... What other nations if any enjoy firearm freedoms or avaliabilities like we do? If we are the best which I automatically assume, who is second? Small island nations to first world countries. Just been wondering. Thanks!

We are not the best

Byousee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Ok that's why I'm asking, I didn't know. Who would you consider the best and how so?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I don't know if any first world nation is "the best" across the board, but some nations have us beat in certain areas. Citizens can own post 86 machine guns in the Czech Republic, for example. Canadians can buy rifles and shotguns that would be NFA here due to barrel length.

Last edited:

Byousee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Now that I think of it the Czech Republic doesn't really surprise me. What about countries in South America or the Caribbean? Brazil for example. The Marine getting grabbed just got me wondering. Thanks!

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    Yeah, I believe gun laws in Afghanistan for example to be almost non-existant. Full auto AK-47's sell for less than $150 USD.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Best source of info is this book: Amazon.com: The Worldwide Gun Owner's Guide (9781889632278): Larry Grupp, Felicity Bower: Books

There's only one review on that Amazon page and I wrote it, so I won't waste your time with my opinions here. AFAIK, it's the only source for comparative info in this area, though keep in mind that everything in it is at least a little out of date by now. (Ecuador, for example, recently got much tougher.) It does, however, give you an insight into the gun culture of about 64 countries around the world.

Top Bottom