• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    This whole thing seems like a setup or something. Why so many anti gun talking points? NIB guns in a storage unit?

High power assault rifles stolen from Spring man's storage unit | Latest News - Home

The man, who does not want to be identified, said he put the items in a storage unit at Extra Space Storage off of Treaschig and a few days later they were gone.

“These are what the military uses,” he said.

He said crooks stole his brand new Bushmaster AR 15 assault rifle and DPMS Panther 308 right out of the box, and he worries his guns may be in the wrong hands.

“The 308 is something that can actually penetrate a bullet proof vest of a police officer, that's what concerns me, that these are in the wrong hands,” he said.

The AR 15 cost the victim about $1,200 and the DPMS was nearly $2,000.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Something sounds off for sure....

Although, I've heard idiots, and one in particular at Bexar range, talk about his guns this way. How his (an AR and a thumbhole stock AK:p) are what the military uses and bragging about just what it can do against humans.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    "what concerns me, that these are in the wrong hands,” he said.

ya think?

they are in the hands of thieves.

although in his case, if he did have the guns prior to the alleged theft, I'm not certain the guns were in the right hands then either

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    A public storage unit would be one of the LAST place I would store my "surplus". I have no pity for him.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    A public storage unit would be one of the LAST place I would store my "surplus". I have no pity for him.

+1

I did once for short time out of necessity and believe me, I was down at the unit every chance I got. It was real close to my house and I would literally go down at all times of the night and during the day when I could, because I was that uncomfortable with them being there.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I wonder if he checked the owners of the storage place. My storage unit specifically says that it doesn't allow storage of firearms.

All in all seems like stupid games / stupid prizes type of situation.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The Marine corp does issue bushmaster (and a bunch of other manufacturers) m16's. My boss carried one in Iraq.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sounds fake. I'd like to see a police report if one exists. If so I will be expecting him to face charges in the near future.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I've heard idiots, and one in particular at Bexar range, talk about his guns this way. How his (an AR and a thumbhole stock AK:p) are what the military uses and bragging about just what it can do against humans.
    Same here.

In fact, I have actually witnessed a salesman tell a customer that hitting someone in the tip of the pinky with a .45 ACP would tear off an arm. I would have never believed all the anecdotes I've heard all my life about this happening if I hadn't seen it once for myself. I was 16 and the customer was my dad who, God bless him, had to fight mighty hard to keep from laughing in the guy's face.

"Dummies With Guns" could be a sub-forum all by itself.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    uh... yeah, all my military guns were stolen, too! Dang thieves! Now I won't have anything to register once GCA2017 gets signed into law during Obama's third term :rolleyes:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    The Marine corp does issue bushmaster (and a bunch of other manufacturers) m16's. My boss carried one in Iraq.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

say wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So what if "these are what the military uses". I married a guy that the military uses. He's got all the partsand works like the civilian versions. Also still waiting to hear when those low powered rifles are coming out.

Oh, dogs like German Shephards and Belgian Malinios ought to be banned for civilian ownership since the military uses them too.

Top Bottom