• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    So I hear Bastrop is getting a gunshow, it's gonna be at the convention center. First month is Sept, not sure of the specific dates, should know those soon. Just thought I'd give folks in that neck of the woods a heads up..
    Military Camp

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Looks like it will be put on by: The Real Gun Show.. It is not showing in their calendar on their website yet, and I am in NO way affiliated with them. Just passing on information that I received. Also, the info I have comes from the Convention Center Manager, so I'd say it's good.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Might be worth the drive.
    Well, since I know the manager out there, in fact we're related, I'm almost obligated to go...Especially since I'm the one that told her she needed to find a promoter to do a Gun show at the new convention center..LOL.. She will also want feedback, so once everything is finalized, and the show takes place, I will start another thread for feedback on the show. I think that will help her a lot. The things we do for family..

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I havent been overly impressed with the "Real" gun shows I've been to but i would give it the benefit of the doubt if it came to bastrop. A bit of a drive but it's been a while since we were to bastrop and it makes as good of an excuse as any.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Saxet austin is a bit smallish. My guess is 300 or slightly more. Could be more, perhaps someone has a better count.

I can't believe the Bastrop convention center is that small. Sounds like it needs to get a following first and build in size. The "real" gun shows have really never impressed me in terms of size or items in the couple I've gone to. I do wish the venue luck though and when it hits 400 tables, i'll start to pay attention.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I will go. I feel compelled to support a local gun show. The more the merrier. I would have never guessed 300ish tables at Austin Saxet.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    These are stupid questions as I have no idea how the business end of these shows work.

I am assuming 150 "tables" does not necessarily mean 150 vendors. As I understand it, the shows charge vendors by the table. Some of the vendors at Saxet appear to have a rather large number of tables, like 10, 20, maybe more. So maybe 50 vendors? 40? I dunno. I'd guesstimate Saxet Austin might have 50 vendors if you count the jerky/jewelry stuff, so Bastrop might be half that? I may be totally off base.

I poked around on the websites and found that Saxet charges $35 per table. So I guess the two or three big vendors that always show up there must be paying, I dunno, $500 or more for the space? The website for the Premier show in San Antonio said they charged $70/table and they get 1000+ tables.

I could swear I went to a Texas show in Austin once and they had maybe 10 vendors. Maybe. It was probably more like 7 or 8. I felt sorry for them.

I will do my best to go. Like Mic, I want to support another local show (except for the Texas shows).

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I'll definitely be going on Saturday. If anyone wants to meet up for breakfast let me know. Jaliscos on hwy 71 feeds you like a king, big helpings and good price. If anyone is going to the show, you should swing by Johns Guns while you are here. They are close to the show and really great people to deal with. They lost their house and everything they owned in the Bastrop fire and are still trying to recover. I buy as much as I can from them to help them get back on their feet again. It would be great if everyone swung by while here. Heck, buy a box of .22 rounds or something to show them we all care and to help them out. If we don't look after our own who will?

I do not work for Johns Guns and am not affiliated with them, I am just a good firearms owner who tries to help others however I can.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    They are at:

900 Texas 95
    Bastrop

If you are coming from Austin on 71, go to highway 95 and turn left at the traffic light. They are on the left in a small strip type place.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    They are at:

900 Texas 95
    Bastrop

If you are coming from Austin on 71, go to highway 95 and turn left at the traffic light. They are on the left in a small strip type place.

Good to know, I'll check them out also.. Wonder if they'll be at the show?

Top Bottom