• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    How else could I get it out wo poking it? It came out alright, after I succesfully made a hole in it. Tempting to run it wo but I can't seem to find a replacement yet... See pic. All the replacements I'm seeing so far are not matching. This is a SM SD9VE. I checked Midway USA and several others with no luck. Any other suggestions? Could I really go without it? What will it do?

firingsleeve.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wrong part. Looking up a 'firing pin channel liner'

Double edit. It's called a M&P Striker Channel Liner.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Comparing the two and the description of the liner saying it requires gunsmith fitment. The liner appears to have to be shortened to fit.

I'd also compare the dimensions of the S&W liner to a Glock liner. Maybe they made them close enough to interchange?

You can buy the Glock liners by the pound. That link above is all I could find and it's bounced off the Smith forums and AR51.coom.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Doing research on that simple tube of plastic. It's a Smith and Wesson certified gun technician installed piece. Even though it's a reported drop in part.

There's no information on fitment of the aftermarket liner.

It's a mail back to the factory for that liner....Unless someone, somewhere has an extra liner in a drawer.

Last edited:

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Doing research on that simple tube of plastic. It's a Smith and Wesson certified gun technician installed piece. Even though it's a reported drop in part.

There's no information on fitment of the aftermarket liner.

It's a mail back to the factory for that liner....Unless someone, somewhere has an extra liner in a drawer.

Bahhhh, so ship just the liner back? I mean... it is a simple tube of VERY THIN plastic...

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Comparing the two and the description of the liner saying it requires gunsmith fitment. The liner appears to have to be shortened to fit.

I'd also compare the dimensions of the S&W liner to a Glock liner. Maybe they made them close enough to interchange?

You can buy the Glock liners by the pound. That link above is all I could find and it's bounced off the Smith forums and AR51.coom.

Ugh, I tried the Smith forums, but those bastards wont let you see the info until you register... I'll try that. Thank you grasshopperglock!

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    I read that the M&P will fit in it as you mentioned. I'm ordering one now... Fudge, nows it a $10 piece of plastic. $6.13 for shipping and handling a $2 part. ANYONE GOT ONE IN THEIR GUN DESK DRAWER? LOL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I read that the M&P will fit in it as you mentioned. I'm ordering one now... Fudge, nows it a $10 piece of plastic. $6.13 for shipping and handling a $2 part. ANYONE GOT ONE IN THEIR GUN DESK DRAWER? LOL

$6.13.....unreal. Good thing is you found one.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Was there a function issue that made you take it out in the first place. Those things are made to work almost forever and they seldom if ever fail. Please tell me you didn't cause yourself all this trouble cause you wanted to clean in there. There is a reason the SM company (whoever they are) does not provide you with instructions since its not part of a field strip.
    Just sayin

Top Bottom