H.J. Res. 5

GM.Chief

Well-Known
Mar 16, 2009
Tell me, with Obama in office does the thought of this scare anyone else... H.J. Res. 5 proposes an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President. Write your representatives and lets make sure the Obamanation isn't in power for eternity.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
Yes that is a scary proposition. But it's not just Obamy. It's all dems. Maybe that should be rewritten to say democrats can't hold POTUS office for more than one term, because the country can't take more than that.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
It is scary but I seriously doubt it will ever go anywhere.
That's just pandering to the almighty Obamanation to win booty points IMO

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Holy shit, it's real: H. J. Res. 5: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second... (GovTrack.us)

I was searching for it hoping I could call BS...

It is scary but I seriously doubt it will ever go anywhere.
That's just pandering to the almighty Obamanation to win booty points IMO
Yep. Hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell, though. It'd have to pass a supermajority of each house, and then it would have to be ratified by a supermajority of state legislatures. Yet the bill has no cosponsors and hasn't been assigned a committee and probably never will.

Simply not going to happen. It's frightening that someone would think it was a good idea, though.

res1b3uq

Feb 14, 2009
UHHHHHHHHHHHHAAA! that is scarry

Two years is scary. 4 years is horrendous. More is unbelievable.

Too Tall

May 25, 2009
South Plains
Well, if it makes it out of committee it will be a case of the seventh time is the charm. This nut, Jose Serrano of NY, has introduced this same bill six times before. It's never gotten anywhere, yet. Surely this time will be no different. He can't even seem to get any co-sponsors for it. The time to truly worry would be if it doesn't die in committee as it has always done before.

The members looking at it are to be found here:
[url]http://www.govtrack.us/congress/committee.xpd?id=HSJU[/URL]

hth

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics